Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
At Zeller, we’re champions for businesses of all sizes, and proud to be a fast-growing Australian scale-up taking on the ambitious goal of reimagining business banking and payments.
We believe in a level playing field, where all businesses benefit from access to smarter payments and financial services solutions that accelerate their cash flow, help them get paid faster, and give them a better understanding of their finances. So we’re hard at work building the tools to make it happen.
Zeller is growing fast, backed by leading VCs, and brings together a global team of passionate payment and tech industry professionals. With an exciting roadmap of innovative new products under development, we are building a high performing team to take on the outdated banking solutions. If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-paced environments, embrace a challenge, hate bureaucracy, and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the status-quo, then read on to learn more.
About the Role ✨
You will be part of a team creating products which help business owners do better things with their money – tens of thousands of businesses already rely on Zeller every day. This is an opportunity to refine existing products and also create new products and features, including all kinds of card payments, web-based business financial tools, and what we believe is Australia’s best financial app for businesses.
Premium UI design is central to Zeller, so we’re looking for a product designer whose specialty is crafting beautifully simple components and layouts, while also having UX skills.
Product designers at Zeller are integral to the business, and work closely with our product managers, engineers, and leadership.
What you’ll do
- You'll help create and refine experiences which support the success of businesses and the people who run them.
- You'll conceptualise and assess options quickly, yet with an eye to detail, utilising and challenging common design patterns.
- You'll also be involved in realising beautiful, engaging, and effective interactions, which will elevate our products, design system, and brand.
- Use your design talents at all stages from brief formation to deployment and beyond.
- Thoughtfully use research and data to progress design.
- Rapidly create, assess and communicate design options.
- Assess, modify and upgrade existing designs for review.
- Collaborate on product design at all levels with other team members.
- Articulate simple, elegant user flows and experiences which seek to understand and help people and their businesses
- Prototype both rough concepts and detailed designs.
- Play an important role in our evolving design system.
- Help shape the design team’s approach to work.
About You ⚡
- 3+ years post-graduation designing user experiences across web and mobile
- A tertiary Degree in Design
- Experience collaborating on projects in a range of ways
- A folio which represents your UI design abilities, your design processes, and great product outcomes
- Examples of your work in user research, ideation, prototyping, and delivery and implementation of high-fidelity designs, and experience with design systems
- A high level of competence in Figma, perhaps with skills in other relevant tools
Why you should apply
- You’re ready to start the next phase of your career in a supportive, capable and high performing scale-up
- You would love to be part of a team creating beautiful experience and visual design, of the highest standard
- You want an opportunity to be involved in valuable, sticky products which directly improve users’ businesses
- You want to be part of something big from an early stage, and to see your work be put up in lights
- You want to work at least 4-out-of-5 days a week in-office at our well-appointed, contemporary designed, central Melbourne HQ, with perks like fully-stocked pantry and drinks fridge
- You like the sound of frequent, well-catered office and team events, and brand swag.
How we work
Our team thrives on the energy of being together. While technology connects us virtually, we love the in-person collaboration and spend majority of our work week at our spacious (and fully stocked with snacks) Melbourne CBD office.
Like the rest of the team, you’ll benefit from
A competitive salary package, including equity from an early stage;
A balanced, progressive, and supportive work environment;
Excellent parental leave and other leave entitlements;
A fantastic office environment;
Endless learning and development opportunities;
Plenty of fun and social opportunities - we love to come together as a team;
An ability to influence and shape the future of Zeller as our company scales both domestically and globally;
Being part of one of Australia’s most exciting scale-ups.
At Zeller, we are looking for passionate people with drive and integrity. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match this job description.