PR & Communications Manager
Marketing & Communications
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2024
At Zeller, we’re champions for businesses of all sizes, and proud to be a fast-growing Australian scale-up taking on the ambitious goal of reimagining business banking and payments.
We believe in a level playing field, where all businesses benefit from access to smarter payments and financial services solutions that accelerate their cash flow, help them get paid faster, and give them a better understanding of their finances. So we’re hard at work building the tools to make it happen.
Zeller is growing fast, backed by leading VCs, and brings together a global team of passionate payment and tech industry professionals. With an exciting roadmap of innovative new products under development, we are building a high performing team to take on the outdated banking solutions. If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-paced environments, embrace a challenge, hate bureaucracy, and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the status-quo, then read on to learn more.
About the role
Zeller is searching for a hands-on, creative, and fast-thinking PR & Communications specialist to join our Marketing & Communications team. You will collaborate with the Director of Growth, CEO, and wider Marketing team to build and share the Zeller brand journey, product innovation and launches, and merchant success stories through publications, Linkedin, thought leadership, and public-facing communication channels.
This role owns the strategy and execution of all PR and communications work at Zeller. You will bring and build close relationships with journalists, media, writers, producers, industry leaders, influencers, and spokespeople to drive success in your role. Your work will help to build awareness for the Zeller brand, strengthen public understanding for what differentiates Zeller in the industry, and ultimately drive growth in customers and product adoption. Your end audiences include business owners, partners, investors and employees both in Australia, and across the world.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and hard-working PR and Communications Manager who is looking to shape the growth and story of one of Australia’s fastest growing and most exciting technology businesses as we head into our next phase of growth.
- Conceptualise and execute proactive communications initiatives that build awareness for our products and features, showcase our customers and how they benefit from Zeller, differentiate our technology and innovation, and share Zeller's corporate journey.
- Build impactful relationships with media, journalists, producers (local / global across business finance, tech and trade), government (all levels), industry groups and associations and more.
- Manage media briefings, spokespeople training, and prep Zeller team members and customers for media opportunities.
- Write written materials including press releases, data reports, briefing documents, detailed communications strategies and FAQs, articles, thought leadership, and other collateral with outstanding attention-to-detail and creativity.
- Be an advocate for Zeller and help to develop narratives, angles and a unique competitive position that resonates with a diverse set of audiences.
- Lead and execute Zeller's social media strategy for Linkedin and Twitter by building reach and driving engagement with relevant audience(s),
- Be prepared for reactive press or crisis communications, with readiness to collaborate and drive the appropriate response.
- Ensure communications are consistent and leverage all opportunities to move Zeller's brand forward.
- Build internal relationships with stakeholders to ensure you have visibility on every unique opportunity to deliver successful Zeller communications — including Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Sales.
Qualifications and experience
- 4+ years of relevant work experience at either a PR agency, media organisation, or an in-house PR team managing the entire press office and social media (specifically Linkedin and Twitter).
- Experience managing a variety of communications scenarios, including corporate announcements, product launches, investor communications, brand storytelling, crisis / reactive communications, customer and data storytelling.
- Working relationships and an up-to-date network with Australia's leading journalists across Technology, Business and Finance (online, print, radio, TV).
- Experience interpreting and using data to build unique stories and insights that create coverage and advance company narratives.
- Media relations skills with examples of creating coverage in national, local, business, tech, finance and vertical media.
- Experience and comfort working autonomously as part of a single-person team.
- A passion for building partnerships with customers, industry stakeholders and business partners.
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills with an outstanding attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills and abilities to manage a large volume of tasks, responsibilities and deadlines at once.
- A passionate entrepreneurial spirit, combined with a hard-working growth mindset.
- Hands-on experience with Linkedin, Hubspot / similar CRM tools, Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides), Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
How we work
Our team thrives on the energy of being together. While technology connects us virtually, we love the in-person collaboration and spend majority of our work week at our spacious (and fully stocked with snacks) Melbourne CBD office.
Like the rest of the team, you’ll benefit from
A competitive salary package, including equity from an early stage;
A balanced, progressive, and supportive work environment;
Excellent parental leave and other leave entitlements;
A fantastic office environment;
Endless learning and development opportunities;
Plenty of fun and social opportunities - we love to come together as a team;
An ability to influence and shape the future of Zeller as our company scales both domestically and globally;
Being part of one of Australia’s most exciting scale-ups.
At Zeller, we are looking for passionate people with drive and integrity. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match this job description.