Product Manager - Mobile
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
At Zeller, we’re champions for businesses of all sizes, and proud to be a fast-growing Australian scale-up taking on the ambitious goal of reimagining business banking and payments.
We believe in a level playing field, where all businesses benefit from access to smarter payments and financial services solutions that accelerate their cash flow, help them get paid faster, and give them a better understanding of their finances. So we’re hard at work building the tools to make it happen.
Zeller is growing fast, backed by leading VCs, and brings together a global team of passionate payment and tech industry professionals. With an exciting roadmap of innovative new products under development, we are building a high performing team to take on the outdated banking solutions. If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-paced environments, embrace a challenge, hate bureaucracy, and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the status-quo, then read on to learn more.
As Product Manager - Mobile you will be responsible for planning, engaging and executing key deliverables across our upcoming Android and IOS applications.
The role is the intersection and interface between product, program management and partnership operations and optimisation. You will help define our product roadmap and most importantly help deliver the capability from inception through to market deployment.
You will work closely across our technology and operations teams to enable product road functionality to ensure an optimal product is deployed specifically to meet the latent market demand. You will own key operational and senior management relationships with our Partners across business development, technology domains and regulatory engagements, yet you will be predominantly focused on (and skilled at) execution and delivery. You are comfortable working cross functionally, internally and externally driving deals and projects and providing insight multiple ‘moves’ ahead of where we are.
You'll have an ability to:
- Synthesise and form positions on emerging industry development and translation to practical outcomes for product and operational teams;
- Document product requirements and lead the identification of potential partners and system providers to meet objectives;
- Program manage and deliver cross functional initiatives that will span product, risk and compliance, dev ops and finance;
- Be ‘hands on’ in breaking down the user experience and transposing this through design or wireframes to conceptualise optimal outcomes;
- Clearly design each product’s roadmap and articulate via collaboration and documentation how and when products and features evolve to ensure a consistent release schedule over time.
Your experience and attributes:
- Experience in product strategy and delivery ;
- Steadfast ability to keep the customer as the central point of all products;
- Vast experience in delivering IOS & Android Applications;
- Holds the concept of product ‘simplicity’ in the highest regard;
- Ability to see and act across the value chain, and not get bogged down in functional silos;
- Be able to continually balance speed, perfection, functionality, cost and outcomes;
- An appreciation on how partnership initiatives can accelerate broader company objectives and outcomes;
- Track record of tackling difficult cross functional challenges to find solutions where no precedent exists;
- Proven track record in taking products from concept through all phases, to deployment and optimisation;
- Willingness to oscillate between and balance; ‘leadership’ with ‘getting your hands dirty’;
- Exposure to or experience in areas such as; software/application development, web design, on-boarding flows, customer experience and product development.
How we work
Our team thrives on the energy of being together. While technology connects us virtually, we love the in-person collaboration and spend majority of our work week at our spacious (and fully stocked with snacks) Melbourne CBD office.
Like the rest of the team, you’ll benefit from
A competitive salary package, including equity from an early stage;
A balanced, progressive, and supportive work environment;
Excellent parental leave and other leave entitlements;
A fantastic office environment;
Endless learning and development opportunities;
Plenty of fun and social opportunities - we love to come together as a team;
An ability to influence and shape the future of Zeller as our company scales both domestically and globally;
Being part of one of Australia’s most exciting scale-ups.
At Zeller, we are looking for passionate people with drive and integrity. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match this job description.