Product Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, Product
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
At Zeller, we’re champions for businesses of all sizes, and proud to be a fast-growing Australian scale-up taking on the ambitious goal of reimagining business banking and payments.
We believe in a level playing field, where all businesses benefit from access to smarter payments and financial services solutions that accelerate their cash flow, help them get paid faster, and give them a better understanding of their finances. So we’re hard at work building the tools to make it happen.
Zeller is growing fast, backed by leading VCs, and brings together a global team of passionate payment and tech industry professionals. With an exciting roadmap of innovative new products under development, we are building a high performing team to take on the outdated banking solutions. If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-paced environments, embrace a challenge, hate bureaucracy, and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the status-quo, then read on to learn more.
Zeller is searching for an exceptional, hands-on and growth focused product marketer to drive product positioning, GTM, acquisition, x-sell and growth across all of Zeller's financial solutions. Reporting to the Marketing Lead, you will be responsible for bridging the gap between Marketing and Product, identifying and deploying the best way to position, market, sell and drive rapid adoption of Zeller products and solutions to a diverse and growing segment of Australian business owners.
Through your deep understanding of Zeller’s customers, combined with creative growth, marketing and communications skills, you will deliver compelling positioning for every Zeller product and the Zeller solution as a whole; drive successful, cross-channel product launches that showcase the benefits Zeller delivers for our customers; build resources, content, and campaigns that communicate a benefits-focused narrative; and use your well-honed growth marketing skills to x-sell Zeller's individual products effectively, ensuring that Zeller becomes our customer's main financial institution.
You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing, Product, Communications, Design, Sales, and Partnerships to define and deliver the optimal product messaging, through the right channel, at the perfect time, to maximise product adoption. You’ll then employ a data-driven approach to refining your marketing and generating consistent improvement.
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, and benefits messaging across all Zeller products to be used in product development, communications, marketing and sales channels.
- Own and lead go-to-market planning and launch marketing for all product and feature releases.
- Partner with CRM, Demand Generation, SEO and Web, PR, Content, Paid and Social Media stakeholders to build acquisition, lifecycle, and x-sell campaigns that drive rapid product adoption.
- Work with Product Managers to understand product analytics and identify new opportunities and channels to x-sell and promote products and the optimal time in a customer's lifecycle.
- Deliver merchant insights through surveys and other channels that identify the benefits customers get from Zeller's products and solutions.
- Collaborate with in-house Design teams to develop product marketing and campaign assets for use in email, website, and other channels.
- Track product adoption performance and optimise for growth through continuous testing.
- Review local competitor products and marketing, to identify the optimal product positioning Zeller should be targeting.
- Support cross-functional Growth team initiatives.
Your Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in a product marketing or go-to-market capacity at a multi-product software / SaaS company.
- Hands-on experience working closely with Product Managers to represent market requirements, and with Marketing Managers to support product launches and ongoing optimisation.
- A growth mindset — you're hungry to achieve targets at all costs, and can identify hacks or opportunities to accelerate growth (product adoption) through offers, incentives, targeting and creative campaigns.
- Ability to craft compelling value propositions, positioning and product messaging strategies.
- An excellent collaborator, influencer, and cross-functional working style.
- Substantial project and time management skills.
- Experience and comfort working individually, and as a part of a team
- Agile, ambitious, and motivated to be the best at everything you do.
- Tertiary education, or a track record of relevant experience that proves it wasn’t needed.
The 'Nice to Haves':
- Previous experience in the fintech, finance or banking industry.
- Previous experience working with a B2B product or service.
How we work
Our team thrives on the energy of being together. While technology connects us virtually, we love the in-person collaboration and spend majority of our work week at our spacious (and fully stocked with snacks) Melbourne CBD office.
Like the rest of the team, you’ll benefit from
A competitive salary package, including equity from an early stage;
A balanced, progressive, and supportive work environment;
Excellent parental leave and other leave entitlements;
A fantastic office environment;
Endless learning and development opportunities;
Plenty of fun and social opportunities - we love to come together as a team;
An ability to influence and shape the future of Zeller as our company scales both domestically and globally;
Being part of one of Australia’s most exciting scale-ups.
At Zeller, we are looking for passionate people with drive and integrity. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match this job description.