Senior Mobile Engineer (Android/IOS)
Posted on Thursday, October 6, 2022
At Zeller, we’re champions for businesses of all sizes, and proud to be a fast-growing Australian scale-up taking on the ambitious goal of reimagining business banking and payments.
We believe in a level playing field, where all businesses benefit from access to smarter payments and financial services solutions that accelerate their cash flow, help them get paid faster, and give them a better understanding of their finances. So we’re hard at work building the tools to make it happen.
Zeller is growing fast, backed by leading VCs, and brings together a global team of passionate payment and tech industry professionals. With an exciting roadmap of innovative new products under development, we are building a high performing team to take on the outdated banking solutions. If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-paced environments, embrace a challenge, hate bureaucracy, and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the status-quo, then read on to learn more.
As a Senior Android Engineer you will be responsible for architecting and developing Android applications that are beautiful and engaging as well as robust and secure. You will have wide experience in frontend development and technologies, with focus on use of rxJava, Kotlin Coroutines, Apollo GraphQL and sound testing strategies to produce performant, secure and vulnerability-free code.
With automation and maintenance being at the heart of our engineering principles, you will have the enviable opportunity to adopt and promote best practices, leading edge technologies and trends. You will have the opportunity to grow the frontend team’s capabilities and capacity as we grow. This role also allows you to work in a wider cross functional team with skill sets in full stack software engineering, devops, infrastructure, quality assurance through to architecture. You will also collaborate within cross-disciplinary teams to own product software development, contribute and promote standards and engineering best practices, support operational activities such as; process automation, compliance activities, SLA upkeep requirements.
You will be tasked with translating business or product requirements into technical designs, hands-on implementation of the designs to see through its testing and deployment into various environments such as; development, stress testing, integration testing, staging and production. You will enjoy the fun of development from scratch in some application components while adhering to the company engineering standards, frameworks and best practices. Automation and maintenance is key, you will be excited to see through your contributions into production and maintain their longevity in the mission-critical environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Leading technical architecture, coding standards, and other team policies
- Managing individual team members at all skill levels, encouraging their professional growth and levelling up their contributions
- Being the primary point of contact for your team’s initiatives
- Prioritising tasks assigned to your development team
- Experience: 6 -9 Years
- Must have experience with Dependency Injection frameworks, Multi-Module Applications and Clean architecture
- Core native Android development skills
- Strong Kotlin experience, using Coroutines and Flows for concurrency
- Experience working with high Unit Test coverage/coverage tools, Automated UI tests and CI pipelines
- Experience with Jetpack Compose for User Interfaces
- Experience with GraphQL
- Kotlin Multiplatform or other cross-platform technologies between iOS/Android
- Mega bonus if Candidate had experience with Compose Multiplatform already
- Logical, ethical, mature, and responsible
- Communicates well with other members of the company
- Works well within a team; coming up with solution options, giving and receiving feedback, pair-programming, etc.
- Has the courage to speak up and challenge the status quo
- Prepared to be bold yet consistent with your engineering principles
- Self-starter who can show initiative in key-areas where help is needed
- Fast learner, humble and loves to share knowledge
- Calm and exercises positive level of stress in exceptional circumstances such as; production issues, timeline requirements
- Understands the economics of software development
Like the rest of our team, you will benefit from
A balanced, progressive, and supportive work environment;
Excellent parental leave and other leave entitlements;
Fully remote role
Annual get together with the team
Endless learning and development opportunities;
Plenty of remote friendly fun and social opportunities - we love to come together as a team;
An ability to influence and shape the future of Zeller as our company scales both domestically and globally;
Being part of one of Australia’s most exciting scale-ups.