Site Reliability Engineering Manager
Remote · Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2022
At Zeller, we’re champions for businesses of all sizes, and proud to be a fast-growing Australian scale-up taking on the ambitious goal of reimagining business banking and payments.
We believe in a level playing field, where all businesses benefit from access to smarter payments and financial services solutions that accelerate their cash flow, help them get paid faster, and give them a better understanding of their finances. So we’re hard at work building the tools to make it happen.
Zeller is growing fast, backed by leading VCs, and brings together a global team of passionate payment and tech industry professionals. With an exciting roadmap of innovative new products under development, we are building a high performing team to take on the outdated banking solutions. If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-paced environments, embrace a challenge, hate bureaucracy, and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the status-quo, then read on to learn more.
As a Site Reliability Engineering Manager, you will demonstrate strong accountability and be responsible for system reliability and incident management. You have a wholistic approach to trouble shooting and will be at the heart of solving production problems, ensuring day to day production operations are smooth.
You will combine software engineering, systems engineering, cloud engineering and domain knowledge to maintain production stability, reduction of manual procedures via automations, and keep an ever-watchful eye on system capacity and performance.
Based in our sensational Sydney office (and from home, whenever you like) and reporting to one of Zeller's Founders, you will lead a team of Software/Systems Engineers and Technical App Support. You will also be working collaboratively with different technical leads, devops and teams to manage incidents, resolve and prevent production issues.
As the successful candidate, you’ll be analytical, technical, pragmatic, collaborative and disciplined in your approach. You will be technically skilled and knowledgeable in a wide range of fields: programming, CICD, change control, databases. In combination with domain and project knowledge, your ultimate success is celebrated by zero production issues, happy customers and stakeholders with well managed incidents.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead a global team of Software/Systems Engineers and Technical App Support;
- Manage availability and performance of mission critical services;
- Build automation for monitoring and detection of issues and ultimately prevent problem recurrence;
- Manage on-call rotations across continents, using a follow-the-sun-model 24hour by 7;
- Lead by example, demonstrate quality and excellence of work execution
- Care for a team and maintain BCP;
- Design, write and deliver software to improve availability, scalability, latency and efficiency of production services.
Your Systems Knowledge and Attributes:
- Software Development Lifecycle;
- AWS Knowledge: Serverless, Cloud Native applications, VPC,
- Analytical and application troubleshooting;
- Ability to work with codes (e.g. Typescript) and general scripting (e.g. Shell);
- Stakeholder management;
- Incident management.
What you can expect to be doing in six month’s time (in one sentence):
- You'll manage and enhance production robustness of critical financial systems through processes and automations, and be across a wide range of application domains.
Like the rest of the team, you’ll benefit from
A competitive salary package, including equity from an early stage;
A balanced, progressive, and supportive work environment;
Excellent parental leave and other leave entitlements;
A fantastic office environment;
Endless learning and development opportunities;
Plenty of fun and social opportunities - we love to come together as a team;
An ability to influence and shape the future of Zeller as our company scales both domestically and globally;
Being part of one of Australia’s most exciting scale-ups.
At Zeller, we are looking for passionate people with drive and integrity. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match this job description.
We want you to be able to show up at your best during the recruitment process. Please, let us know if you require any accommodations during your interview process with us.