Senior Software Engineer, Marketplace
Wonderschool is harnessing the power of technology to provide comprehensive support to childcare providers operating out of their homes as well as in the government and non-profit sectors. Our products enable childcare providers to create high-quality environments and meet the demands of their business, while also helping parents in need of childcare solutions through the creation of an accessible marketplace.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Sr. Software Engineer to join our team. As the Sr. Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in leading our software development initiatives, working with a talented team to create innovative solutions. Your expertise in delivery of high-quality software will be essential in driving the development of our cutting-edge applications.
- Analyze requirements, break down tasks, estimate, and plan development of mission critical features
- Deliver features across the stack, from web and mobile applications to server-side APIs, schemas, and business logic
- Proactively communicate progress to our product team and leadership
- Learn our customer workflows and nuances within the early childcare industry
- Architect, build and maintain features in the Wonderschool product
- Debug production issues across the entire stack
- Rotating engineering support
- Ensure high percentage of code coverage
- Coordinate with QA to ensure quick bug resolution on critical issues
- Good experience with Agile development - Kanban ; TDD ; Story estimation
- Occasionally attend user interviews and onboarding sessions to give support and receive feedback directly from customers
- In office time is required for team meetings as needed with a minimum of 5 days per month.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience as a backend or full stack engineer
- Previous experience with Elixir or other functional programming languages
- Previous experience with the design/development of REST and GraphQL APIs
- Previous experience building SPA with Typescript and React
- Previous experience with Postgres, with a focus on database design and optimization
- Fully owning and delivering a feature end to end, from requirements analysis and task breakdown to milestone definition and delivery
- Working closely with a product manager or team
- Writing high-quality and readable code, with effective test coverage
- Defining timelines, and proactively communicating progress/updates with the rest of the team
- Interacting with product and engineering stakeholders; articulating and resolving concerns about potential side effects of a feature
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience breaking down features into bitesize deliverables
- Experience working with relative estimations with a high degree of accuracy
- Experience utilizing concurrent systems and patterns in Elixir or Erlang/OTP
- Previous experience working with early stage startups
- Previous experience developing complex SaaS products
- Working with a distributed team
What We Offer:
Wonderschool provides the wage ranges it reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for all remote roles and as otherwise required by applicable law. The expected range of starting pay for this role is $170,000 -$190,000 annually. Actual compensation may vary within the listed range based on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, skill set, experience, and specific geographic location.
Additionally, Wonderschool offers a competitive benefits package, including the following:
- Health benefits offer 100% coverage for employee premiums and 80% for dependents.
- WIFI, Employee Wellness, and co-working space reimbursements offered to all employees
- A flexible PTO plan, paid holidays, and mental wellness days
- Highly competitive parental leave policies, eligible to qualified individuals after 6-months of employment
- An autonomous workplace that prioritizes health and wellness to ensure our employees can produce their best work while achieving their personal and professional goals.
- A fully remote, but highly collaborative work environment with a variety of team bonding opportunities
Wonderschool is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and talent.