Home-Based Child Care Operator (Missouri)
Locations: St. Joseph, Cape Girardeu, Nodaway
The world of child care is transforming. The child care shortage is a nationwide issue across the country and the southeast is no exception. Federal, state and local governments are actively funding new expansion efforts for brand new child care programs to start in their communities. Wonderschool has partnered with the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education to expand child care access in Missouri.
Now is the time for you to realize your full potential as an educator, parent, or experienced nanny and open your own home-based child care program out of your house or apartment. You can make a difference in your local community and educate the next generation of students as early as infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. You are your own boss and you own your business, 100%. You set your hours, your holidays, your program pricing, and decide on the curriculum you want to teach. It is a revolutionary change of life for many educators that seek this independence.
Wonderschool partners with child care teachers, parents, and nannies to coach them through starting their own child care business. From getting started, filing for a child care license to setting up your business model, pricing, marketing your program, and receiving your first enrollment, Wonderschool is there every step of the way.
Wonderschool is a child care marketplace whose mission is to ensure every child has access to child care that helps them realize their potential. We have extensive experience launching brand new child care programs in both large metropolitan markets and small communities and have over 1,500 network providers across the country on our platform.
Who you are:
- Lives within St. Joseph, Cape Girardeu or Nodaway, Missouri
- Have experience working either at a child care center or a family child care (FCC) and/or has taken ECE classes or training
- Own or rent a home and willing to open up a child care business out of your house
- A growth mindset and determination to become a self-sufficient entrepreneur
What you get in partnering with Wonderschool:
- Access to a world-class community of early childhood experts ready to advise you along your journey
- Dedicated licensing support at every stage of your process and catered to your specific needs
- Robust software tools to help manage your business end-to-end: website, enrollments, payments, marketing, messaging, and a mobile app
- National community of child care professionals who are also running their own home-based child care just like you will be
- Data analytics to shape your tuition pricing strategy so you can make the most money from your business
Note that when you apply, you are applying to receive no-cost training, coaching and support as you prepare to launch your child care program through Wonderschool Academy. This academy is designed to help you start your own child care business. Training and coaching continues as you continue to grow your program. All of this is provided by Wonderschool and the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. Wonderschool is not hiring individuals; we are providing a limited time offer to get start your own business in Missouri. Learn more: https://www.wonderschool.com/corp/missouri
What success looks like:
- Owning your own business allows you to set your care calendar. Providers vacation over the summer and winter easily.
- Charging tuition is easy and automatic with our payment platform, no more cash, checks, or Venmo from parents
Estimated Yearly Earnings Range:
$35,000 - $55,000+
BONUS: Get started in January to take advantage of the start-up grant (valued between $26,500 to $56,250) being offered by Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (MODESE) in select Missouri counties. Apply to this job posting by [insert deadline] to ensure you can be eligible to apply for the grant (due February 2024).
Interested in starting your own in-home child care program? Apply today, and someone from our team will be in touch shortly after reviewing your application.