Senior Director, Product Operations
Say hello to a Wider World. WideOrbit helps media companies do more business by making it easier to buy and sell advertising. We build the one software platform that ties everything together – TV, radio, and digital ad sales, from pitch to payment. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, over-the-air or streaming, our technology helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, ABC/Disney, Fox, Paramount, AMC, TelevisaUnivision, Meredith, Audacy, and many more industry leaders around the world. In February 2023, WideOrbit became a part of Lumine Group, a Canadian listed company which in turn is a part of the Constellation Software Inc. (CSI) ecosystem, a multi-billion dollar global public company.
At WideOrbit, we make preserving our inclusive environment an ongoing priority, empowering team members to contribute at every level, in every function. We hire high-energy innovators who value diversity, unafraid to wield their passion and expertise to advocate for our customers and each other. At WideOrbit, you’ll make a difference and see your impact every day, while learning, growing, and enjoying what you do!
WideOrbit is hiring a dynamic Senior Director of Product Operations to work across multiple ad sales and trafficking systems. This strategic leadership role focuses on streamlining and optimizing the operations across Product Management, UX, Releases, and Documentation. Crucial to this position is aligning product development processes with our business goals, ensuring efficient execution, and delivering top-notch products to our valued clients.
The Senior Director will lead efforts to optimize product management, development, and delivery. Collaborating closely with teams, they will spearhead process optimization within Jira. Additionally, they will work hand in hand with cross-functional teams to plan, schedule, document, and coordinate software releases, ensuring timely delivery and top tier quality. This role also entails guiding and managing our organization's user experience design and research efforts.
Here is what success will look like:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive product operations strategy that aligns with the company's overall business goals
- Define clear goals, key performance indicators (KPIs), and success metrics for product development, delivery, quality, and releases
- Continuously evaluate and improve product development and Jira processes, workflows, and methodologies to enhance efficiency and product quality
- Communicate product operations and release status, progress, and risks/issues to executive leadership, customers, and other relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate with product managers, engineering teams, quality assurance, and other relevant departments to ensure cohesive product development and delivery processes, release plans, and schedules
- Manage and coordinate all activities related to software releases, including code integration, testing, and deployment
- Create, update, and maintain a variety of documentation types, including user manuals, online help, release notes, and technical guides
- Translate complex technical information into clear, comprehensible content for both technical and non-technical users
- Maintain and enforce documentation standards, style guides, and templates
- Oversee document versions and revisions to keep documentation up to date with software releases and changes
- Conduct post-release reviews and gather feedback for continuous improvement
- Manage and maintain the release environments, ensuring they accurately represent production environments
- Direct the Go-Live activities to deploy the software successfully
- Foster a culture of teamwork and transparency
To thrive in this role, we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in overall software development and Agile methodologies
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Product Operations or related role experience, with a track record of success in directing cross-functional teams
- Proven experience in Release Management in the software development industry and release management tools
- Experience managing Technical Writers, preferably in software, maintaining and enforcing documentation standards, style guides, and templates
- Expert in Jira processes, workflows, and dashboards; system migration and transformation experience are a plus
- Demonstrated success in thriving within a unified team environment, promoting a user-centered design approach, and guiding a UX team
- Proficient in knowledge of design concepts and UX design tools (e.g., Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma)
- Strong strategic thinking, ability to see the big picture, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and relationship building abilities
- Proficiency in project management and process improvement methodologies
This position can be based in any of our offices. Telecommute will also be considered.
$ 130,000 - $ 160,000
The compensation range listed, and general description of other compensation and benefits will apply to this position. Various factors are considered to determine compensation ranges including market data, location, experience, qualifications, and skills. WideOrbit reserves the right to pay more or less than the salary and benefit information posted.
Benefits & Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, health insurance, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked café, 401(k) match, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
We are committed to treating all applicants fairly, WideOrbit is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants whose histories are impacted by our justice system, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.