Senior Business Analyst
Say hello to a Wider World. WideOrbit helps media companies do more business by making it easier to buy and sell advertising. We build the one software platform that ties everything together – TV, radio, and digital ad sales, from pitch to payment. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, over-the-air or streaming, our technology helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, ABC/Disney, Fox, Paramount, AMC, TelevisaUnivision, Meredith, Audacy, and many more industry leaders around the world. In February 2023, WideOrbit became a part of Lumine Group, a Canadian listed company which in turn is a part of the Constellation Software Inc. (CSI) ecosystem, a multi-billion dollar global public company.
At WideOrbit, we make preserving our inclusive environment an ongoing priority, empowering team members to contribute at every level, in every function. We hire high-energy innovators who value diversity, unafraid to wield their passion and expertise to advocate for our customers and each other. At WideOrbit, you’ll make a difference and see your impact every day, while learning, growing, and enjoying what you do!
As a Sr. Business Analyst for the WO Payment Suite, you will empower our customers’ finance teams to enhance cash flow performance, reduce DSO and accelerate collections by designing, refining, and optimizing the accounts receivable workflows of media companies. Additionally, you will collaborate with our customers' agencies to enhance their workflows as part of our broader process improvement initiatives.
To be successful in this role, you’ll leverage your expertise in fintech, foster partnerships, and work collectively with customers, as well as our Product and Development Teams. Jointly, you’ll solve customer business challenges through activities such as defining requirements, guiding software enhancements, influencing development directions, and meticulously documenting customers' specific issues.
If you thrive on taking a consultative approach with customers, are enthusiastic about contributing to a rapidly expanding product line, and pride yourself on your exceptional organizational and attention-to-detail skills, then this opportunity may be the perfect fit for you.
Here is what success will look like:
- Be the product champion and build effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Partner closely with Sales, Marketing, Product, and Development teams to build a product which users love, and drive revenue for the business
- Demonstrate proficiency in the product you are presenting and provide a thorough discussion of its functionality
- Continuously keep the Sales team informed about the ongoing developments in the Payments Suite product and conduct product demonstrations for potential customers
- Effectively handle support cases initiated by customers to address issues promptly and leverage the insights gained from these cases to enhance and advance the WO Payments Suite product
- Assist in the pricing assessment for payment processor services offered to customers using designated software
- Effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and unassisted, adeptly managing changes in scope and/or timelines to ensure alignment with both client and product deadlines
- Actively engage in meetings by providing thoughtful ideas to upcoming projects and contributing to the overall success of the product
- Engage in consultative discussions with customers, leveraging your critical thinking skills and subject matter expertise to understand their obstacles related to WO Payments Suite software functionality
- Collect and meticulously document customer requirements for new or modified features from diverse sources and conduct market research to assess current software demands and subsequently, define features that effectively address these needs
- Communicate roadblocks and problems before customer satisfaction is negatively impacted
- Exhibit leadership, professionalism and preparedness when communicating with team members, as well as internal and external customers
- Develop positive working relationships within other departments in the organization to meet product goals and team expectations
- Coordinate with Tech Writers to ensure documentation is accurate and comprehensible
- Stay current with the latest developments and emerging trends in the fintech industry, exploring opportunities to apply them to our platform in ways that can significantly benefit our clients
To thrive in this role, we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in finance-focused business operations and analysis, within the media industry is advantageous
- Experience and knowledge in finance, particularly in the context of payment processing and the operational intricacies of finance teams within medium-sized and large media companies, such as Accounts Receivable (AR), Accounts Payable (AP), or Credit and Collections (C&C), is highly valuable
- Proven ability to work successfully as part of a team while also assuming individual obligations
- Possess exceptional written communication and product demonstration skills, along with the capability to effectively translate customer requirements into professional user story documents
- Exhibit a professional demeanor, communicating in a thoughtful and consultative way with internal and external customers
- Proven ability to direct and manage multiple projects while staying organized and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent sense of judgment and decision-making skills
- Familiarity with product management and the software lifecycle, encompassing the knowledge of the steps involved in transitioning a product from its initial design phase to successful launch
This position can be based in any of our offices. Telecommute will also be considered.
$ 90,000 - $ 140,000
The compensation range listed, and general description of other compensation and benefits will apply to this position. Various factors are considered to determine compensation ranges including market data, location, experience, qualifications, and skills. WideOrbit reserves the right to pay more or less than the salary and benefit information posted.
Benefits & Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, health insurance, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked café, 401(k) match, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
We are committed to treating all applicants fairly, WideOrbit is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants whose histories are impacted by our justice system, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.