Say hello to a Wider World. WideOrbit helps media companies do more business by making it easier to buy and sell advertising. We build the one software platform that ties everything together – TV, radio, and digital ad sales, from pitch to payment. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, over-the-air or streaming, our technology helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, ABC/Disney, Fox, Paramount, AMC, TelevisaUnivision, Meredith, Audacy, and many more industry leaders around the world. In February 2023, WideOrbit became a part of Lumine Group, a Canadian listed company which in turn is a part of the Constellation Software Inc. (CSI) ecosystem, a multi-billion dollar global public company.
At WideOrbit, we make preserving our inclusive environment an ongoing priority, empowering team members to contribute at every level, in every function. We hire high-energy innovators who value diversity, unafraid to wield their passion and expertise to advocate for our customers and each other. At WideOrbit, you’ll make a difference and see your impact every day, while learning, growing, and enjoying what you do!
Sales Director, AFR, helps Radio broadcasters improve the quality of their on-air programming and enjoy new efficiencies by demonstrating and selling new WO Automation for Radio systems. In this competitive and fast-paced role, you’ll manage customer relationships and earn great compensation by meticulously developing and maintaining a sales pipeline for your territory, and successfully overcoming competitive challenges to increase WideOrbit’s Radio Automation footprint.
Here’s what success will look like:
- Develop and maintain a current understanding of the competitive landscape in the Radio Automation industry, including a clear understanding of the evolving Unique Selling Propositions of WO Automation for Radio and its competitors
- Develop and maintain a current understanding of the installed base in your territory; Figure out what automation platform is in use at each radio station, and be prepared to pitch each prospective customer when the time is right
- Maintain a deep understanding of WO Automation for Radio’s features and benefits, and effectively demonstrate WO Automation for Radio to prospective customers
- Interview each prospective customer to gain an accurate and detailed understanding of their operation and requirements
- Work cross functionally with other WideOrbiters, specifying the WideOrbit products required to meet the customer’s needs
- Master the Value Selling; WideOrbit sells WO Automation for Radio based on the significant benefits it provides to broadcasters, and not just price. The successful candidate is allergic to discounting and loves to identify and execute upsell opportunities
- Maintain a close relationship with each prospective customer during and after the sales process. Win their confidence and identify any hidden or overt obstacles to closing business; and, in conjunction with WideOrbit leadership, proactively develop and execute strategies to overcome the obstacles and win the deal
- Rigorously maintain an accurate sales forecast and fulfill annual revenue goals
To thrive in this role, we’re looking for:
- 5+ years selling technology with a strong preference for radio technology
- Demonstrable past success with Value Selling
- A self-starter who works independently, with a can-do attitude
- A deep understanding of the business and technical aspects of the Radio industry, including industry news and trends. Active participation on Radio-specific social media groups and messages boards is helpful
- Existing relationships within the executive management, engineering, and programming communities in the Radio industry is a plus
- Ability to independently demonstrate complex software products to a highly technical audience as well as a highly artistic audience, often simultaneously
- Bilingual with proven ability selling in a Hispanic market is preferred
- Willingness to travel approximately one week per month, plus participation in multiple trade shows annually
Telecommute/remote with a preference for Central, Mountain and Pacific time zones.
$166,000 - $225,000 (Base + Commission)
The compensation range listed, and general description of other compensation and benefits will apply to this position. Various factors are considered to determine compensation ranges including market data, location, experience, qualifications, and skills. WideOrbit reserves the right to pay more or less than the salary and benefit information posted.
Benefits & Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, health insurance, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked café, 401(k) match, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
We are committed to treating all applicants fairly, WideOrbit is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants whose histories are impacted by our justice system, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.