Say hello to a Wider World. WideOrbit helps media companies do more business by making it easier to buy and sell advertising. We build the one software platform that ties everything together – TV, radio, and digital ad sales, from pitch to payment. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, over-the-air or streaming, our technology helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, ABC/Disney, Fox, Paramount, AMC, TelevisaUnivision, Meredith, Audacy, and many more industry leaders around the world. In February 2023, WideOrbit became a part of Lumine Group, a Canadian listed company which in turn is a part of the Constellation Software Inc. (CSI) ecosystem, a multi-billion dollar global public company.
At WideOrbit, we make preserving our inclusive environment an ongoing priority, empowering team members to contribute at every level, in every function. We hire high-energy innovators who value diversity, unafraid to wield their passion and expertise to advocate for our customers and each other. At WideOrbit, you’ll make a difference and see your impact every day, while learning, growing, and enjoying what you do!
The Director of FP&A is an exciting opportunity to manage an FP&A team and have a direct impact on WideOrbit’s business. We are looking for an extremely organized, deliverables-oriented individual to manage the company’s planning, budgeting and forecasting process and in turn drive the company’s financial success. You’ll support C-level executives while taking ownership of crucial ongoing financial and operational processes. The Director of FP&A will be tasked with providing comprehensive financial insight into our business, while working with their team to produce various timely reporting deliverables and improve efficiency and growth.
Here is what success will look like:
- Prepare and review various monthly and quarterly reporting and forecasting deliverables for senior management and parent company, including:
o Quarterly P&L projections by product group
o Quarterly business results reviews
o Recurring revenue analyses
o Sales, margin and KPI analyses
o Capital expenditure projections
o Cash flow analysis and cash forecasting
- Lead the ongoing forecasting and review cycles, performing monthly and quarterly variance analysis and discussing results with senior management of each product group
- Monitor key performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance as well as proposing solutions for improved forecasting or improved results in future periods
- Provide focus on expense control and profitability of the business. Suggest solutions, resulting implications, key actions and strategic implications
- Partner with business executives to improve business performance across different product groups
- Develop and enhance procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the financial planning & analysis function
- Manage reporting deadlines and ensure complete and accurate information is available for senior management review prior to submission deadlines
- Develop and implement best practice business process in FP&A, driving requirements for financial planning and business intelligence systems
- Manage and develop the skills of the FP&A team with thoughtful and proactive leadership and training
- Create presentations for Management and parent company meetings
- Assist with special projects for the CEO and CFO
To thrive in this role, we're looking for:
- 6+ years’ experience in operational finance at either a high-growth tech startup or a large, well-established company--experience in media or computer software/information technology industry and/or public company subsidiary reporting experience strongly preferred
- 3+ years of experience managing a finance team
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent (MBA, CFA, or CPA Preferred)
- Workday Adaptive and/or Microsoft Dynamics CRM & Power BI experienced strongly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS or GAAP
- Strong financial acumen applicable across an organization (e.g., understanding of financial statements, chart of accounts, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.)
- Strong leadership and training skills to communicate effectively and build and retain an effective team
- Proven ability to effectively lead and drive process improvements, particularly building out systems and developing automation to serve reporting requirements
- Demonstrated success in developing and applying concepts, practices and procedures of financial planning and analysis. Superior forecasting methods and techniques. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities
- Ability to think creatively; highly-driven and self-motivated
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Comfortable completing projects requiring individual initiative and flexibility in tight time frames with minimal supervision
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of presenting complex financial information in an easy to understand format
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization in a highly collaborative environment.
- Self-starter who can manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Must be able to deal with ambiguity and build rapport with internal customers
This position can be based in any of our offices. Remote/Telecommute will also be considered.
$150,000 - $185,000
The compensation range listed, and general description of other compensation and benefits will apply to this position. Various factors are considered to determine compensation ranges including market data, location, experience, qualifications, and skills. WideOrbit reserves the right to pay more or less than the salary and benefit information posted.
Benefits & Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, health insurance, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked café, 401(k) match, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
We are committed to treating all applicants fairly, WideOrbit is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants whose histories are impacted by our justice system, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.