Senior Financial Analyst
Say hello to a Wider World. WideOrbit helps media companies do more business by making it easier to buy and sell advertising. We build the one software platform that ties everything together – TV, radio, and digital ad sales, from pitch to payment. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, over-the-air or streaming, our technology helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, ABC/Disney, Fox, Paramount, AMC, TelevisaUnivision, Meredith, Audacy, and many more industry leaders around the world. In February 2023, WideOrbit became a part of Lumine Group, a Canadian listed company which in turn is a part of the Constellation Software Inc. (CSI) ecosystem, a multi-billion dollar global public company.
At WideOrbit, we make preserving our inclusive environment an ongoing priority, empowering team members to contribute at every level, in every function. We hire high-energy innovators who value diversity, unafraid to wield their passion and expertise to advocate for our customers and each other. At WideOrbit, you’ll make a difference and see your impact every day, while learning, growing, and enjoying what you do!
WideOrbit is looking for an exceptional Senior Financial Analyst to help guide tactical decisions that will help drive our company’s future direction. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong analytical, presentation and influencing skills. They will live and breathe financial analysis: numbers, calculations, interpretations and know how to distill data into a simple and easily digestible format. They will possess unwavering attention to detail, skillfully translating it into well written, visually appealing, and persuasive presentations, documents, and memos. They will also excel in interpersonal communication, leveraging their strong personal brand to navigate effectively within the organization.
Here is what success will look like:
- Partner across multiple functions including global sales, finance, operations, sales strategy, product strategy, and HR teams to deliver consistently accurate financial forecasting, business insights, and process improvements.
- Take ownership of a Profit and Loss (P&L) statement, assuming the role of a key finance stakeholder accountable for driving financial success.
- Deliver essential outputs including metrics reporting, KPI analysis, forecast modeling, operational and process improvements, and findings presented in professionally packaged content for senior and executive leadership.
- Play a crucial role as an integral member of significant cross-functional, organization-wide initiatives and projects.
- Opportunity to define and improve processes that can scale with the growth of the WideOrbit business.
- Manage monthly close processes, including in-depth variance analyses and reporting financial results to both WideOrbit finance leadership and business partners.
- Efficiently maintain continuous alignment and facilitate change management throughout your P&L by actively engaging in planning and reporting cycles.
- Develop scalable tools to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of tracking financial results, while also creating repeatable reporting processes that are widely leveraged by all key stakeholders.
- Devise and document best practices, ensuring scalability of processes in line with the organization's growth trajectory.
- Efficiently address analytical requests and provide ad hoc support and analyses for diverse stakeholders, catering to their specific needs.
To thrive in this role, we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, or related area of study
- Advanced knowledge forecasting revenue and expenses
- 4+ years of work experience in analytically demanding financial or strategic services role such as Corporate Finance / FP&A at a top tier firm or Fortune 500 company
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, and problem-solving skills with an understanding of core financial processes and trends
- Experience with Workday adaptive and Power BI
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment with changing requirements and competing priorities
- Ability to translate complex data into easy-to-understand visuals for executive consumption
- SaaS pricing experience such as elasticity analysis, multivariate testing, nonlinear pricing and volume discounts, and product line pricing is preferred
- Experience at “systems of records,” ERP, or CRM type companies is preferred
- Deal analysis experience is preferred
This position can be based in any of our offices. Remote/Telecommute will also be considered.
$85,000 - $120,000
The compensation range listed, and general description of other compensation and benefits will apply to this position. Various factors are considered to determine compensation ranges including market data, location, experience, qualifications, and skills. WideOrbit reserves the right to pay more or less than the salary and benefit information posted.
Benefits & Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, health insurance, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked café, 401(k) match, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
We are committed to treating all applicants fairly, WideOrbit is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants whose histories are impacted by our justice system, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.