Inbound Material Handler
Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
ABOUT THRIVE MARKET
Thrive Market was founded in 2014 with a mission to make healthy and sustainable living easy and affordable for everyone. As an online, membership-based market, we deliver the highest quality healthy and sustainable products at member-only prices, while matching every paid membership with a free one for someone in need. Every day, we leverage innovative technology and member-first thinking to help our over 1,000,000+ members find better products, support better brands, and build a better world in the process. We recently reached a significant milestone by becoming a Certified B Corporation, making us the largest grocer to earn this coveted qualification.
At Thrive Market, we have fun, we love what we do and it shows by our expansive growth. Our Thrivers are the backbone of our success.
With the continued growth of our Fulfillment Center in Ashley, PA we have some exciting local employment opportunities. Come experience all that we offer and Thrive along with us!
We currently have an opening for a Material Handler/Equipment Operator to join our amazing team within Inbound Operations! As a Material Handler/Equipment Operator, your primary responsibility is to efficiently and safely operate a stand-up forklift to move, stack, and transport materials within the warehouse. You will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth and efficient flow of products and materials throughout the warehouse while adhering to safety guidelines and quality standards.
The Material Handler/Stand-Up Forklift Operator maintains the production and distribution of products by storing and retrieving goods from inventory and staging finished products.
- Safely operate a stand-up forklift to load, unload, move, and stack materials as required
- Ensure the forklift is in proper working condition by conducting pre-shift inspections and reporting any maintenance issues
- Maintain inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock; recording location of inventory
- Maintains in-process inventory at work centers by delivering and opening materials and supplies
- Locates materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders
- Documents materials and supplies disposition by recording units delivered and location of units
- Receives credit-return material and supplies from production by verifying materials and supplies code and lot number and quantity; placing materials in stock
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the department manager
- Minimum age of 18 years or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience as a stand-up forklift operator is highly preferred (minimum of 6 months - 1 year)
- Honest with the highest integrity
- Supportive of values following policies and procedures
- Positive, ambitious, energetic, hardworking with a strong work ethic, who is organized and has an eye for detail
- A team player valuing co-workers' opinions treating everyone with courtesy and respect
- Excellent communicator with the ability to communicate effectively and take direction
- Dependable, responsible, reliable, and mature
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time, frequently reaching with hands and arms, twisting, bending, stooping, squatting, lifting and carrying, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Responsible for reading and following operating and/or written procedures to conduct assigned tasks safely and within standard time
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability)
- Competitive pay + equity
- Multiple work schedules available
- Opportunities for advancement. We have programs that will start you on a path and train you along the way
- Coverage for Life Coaching & Therapy Sessions on our holistic mental health and well-being platform
- Free Thrive Market membership and discount on private label products
- Casual atmosphere and great people to work with
We're a community of more than 1 Million + members who are united by a singular belief: It should be easy to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process.
At Thrive Market, we believe in building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture. If you are excited about this role along with our mission and values, we encourage you to apply.
Thrive Market is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
At Thrive Market, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workplace that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve and the communities we operate in. We’re proud to be an inclusive company and an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. If you’re thinking about joining our team, we expect that you would agree!
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Ensure your Thrive Market job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Thrive Market never seeks payment from job applicants. Thrive Market recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @thrivemarket.com email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.thrivemarket.com.
© Thrive Market 2024 All rights reserved.
- Compensation Description - The starting hourly rate for this position is $19.00 per hour.
- Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on several factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and geographic location and/or shift differentials.
- Total Compensation includes Base Salary, Stock Options, Health & Wellness Benefits, Accrued PTO, and more!