Manager / Senior Manager, FP&A - Operations
Remote · Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
ABOUT THRIVE MARKET
Thrive Market was founded in 2014 with a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. As an online, membership-based market, we deliver the highest quality healthy and sustainable products at member-only prices, while matching every paid membership with a free one for someone in need. Every day, we leverage innovative technology and member-first thinking to help our over 1,000,000+ members find better products, support better brands, and build a better world in the process. We recently reached a significant milestone by becoming a Certified B Corporation, making us the largest grocer to earn this coveted qualification.
We are looking for a proactive, detail-oriented, and hands-on Manager/Sr. Manager of FP&A to own and drive contribution margin via optimizing Operations. As the finance partner to the C-Suite and Operations leaders, you’ll drive the monthly financial review process and own all aspects of budgeting, and forecasting, while analyzing our business’ order and unit economics.
In this role, you will work on ad-hoc, strategic projects that ensure continual improvements and optimizations in fulfillment center operations and labor, packaging, and carrier strategy which have direct impacts on enabling topline growth, driving profitability, and expanding customer LTV.
You will also be responsible for providing ROI analysis and recommendations on capital expenditures that will directly influence the company’s cash flow and long-term growth strategies. This role will also frequently perform ad-hoc financial analysis and build financial models that are critical to making the best strategic decisions based on data-driven insights that may fuel top-line growth and drive contribution margin expansion.
This role serves as a primary finance business partner to the C-Suite and Operations team but is also a very cross-functional position that will include frequent interactions with Merchandising, Member Engagement, Demand Planning, Supply Chain, Membership Services, and Accounting to ensure a wide and deep understanding of each driver as an input and/or output of operations.
If you have strong analytical skills and proven leadership experience, we encourage you to apply for the position.
- Lead all aspects of the bottoms-up modeling and forecasting of Operations for the annual budget, quarterly re-forecasts, rolling projections, and ad-hoc strategic initiatives
- Provide detailed and insightful monthly financial reporting and variance analysis (actuals vs forecast) which includes commentary on key drivers to the Board and Executives as well as your business partners
- Own and monitor all relevant orders and operations KPIs including contribution margin, variable cost per order, UPO, PPO, etc.
- Directly impact revenue and profitability by identifying opportunities and making strategic recommendations on operational capacity and variable cost structure
- Help manage 3PL relationships and analyze their contracts and cost structures
- Analyze new capex requests to ensure the business case and ROI are in line with overall company goals and objectives
- Demonstrate end-to-end ownership in developing deep-dive analysis and presentations of key drivers impacting product revenue, product margin, and catalog performance for the Board and Executive team
- Build and mentor a team that is respected and viewed as thought partners by all levels across the company
- 6+ years of progressive financial analysis experience in high-growth environments ideally with direct experience in FP&A and/or Operations forecasting
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or relevant field; MBA is a plus
- Background in investment banking, management consulting, FP&A, strategic finance, or similar strongly preferred
- Prior experience working with an e-commerce or retail business model is preferred (i.e. experience with fulfillment centers, physical inventory, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency with Excel; expert in creating efficient, clean, complex, and dynamic financial models
- Ability to create very strong partnerships cross-functionally
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail; High level of comfort with processing and analyzing large, detailed, Order and SKU-level data sets
- Proficiency working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools; SQL knowledge is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to lead and grow a team with at least 2 years of direct managerial experience
- Genuinely curious and proactive
- Extremely analytical and solution-oriented
- Prefers working cross-functionally
- Prioritizes building trust with their business partner(s) through detailed, accurate, and thorough analysis that considers all business impacts
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Competitive salary (DOE) + equity
- 401k plan
- 12 Days of Observed Holiday
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Subsidized ClassPass Membership with access to fitness classes and wellness and beauty experiences
- Ability to work in our beautiful co-working space at WeWork in Playa Vista and other locations
- Dog-Friendly Office
- Free Thrive Market membership with exclusive employee discount
- Coverage for Life Coaching & Therapy Sessions on our holistic mental health and well-being platform
- © Thrive Market 2023 All rights reserved.
We're a community of more than 1 Million + members who are united by a singular belief: It should be easy to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process.
At Thrive Market, we believe in building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture. If you are excited about this role along with our mission and values, we encourage you to apply.
Thrive Market is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
At Thrive Market, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workplace that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve and the communities we operate in. We’re proud to be an inclusive company and an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. If you’re thinking about joining our team, we expect that you would agree!
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Ensure your Thrive Market job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Thrive Market never seeks payment from job applicants. Thrive Market recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @thrivemarket.com email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.thrivemarket.com.
- Compensation Description - The base salary range for this position is $125,000 - $160,000/Per Year.
- Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and geographic location.
- Total Compensation includes Base Salary, Stock Options, Health & Wellness Benefits, Unlimited PTO, and more!