Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 09.00 - 17.00, 36.25 hours per week
Salary: £21,564.40 - £23,000 and up to 20% annual bonus and benefits
Location: hybrid work from our Blackpool office, FY4 2FB
At Tandem, we're not just a bank; we're a movement for positive change. If you're an ambitious and dedicated Assistant Accountant, ready to make an impact, we've got a space with your name on it!
We are Tandem - Where impact meets innovation
Tandem is the UK's greener digital bank on a bold quest to revolutionise the way we save, borrow, spend, and share – all while nurturing our planet, our people and our customers. As one of Europe’s fastest growing digital banks, our values of being Brave, Enterprising, Simple, and Together (BEST) ensure our 500-strong team collaborate to drive a brighter, greener future.
Tandem also leads the way with a secondary app called Loop. Loop gives customers a simpler, hassle free and awkward free way to share money among friends.
Your team: Collaborators in change
Tandem is proud to offer a workplace with diverse experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds which leads to a unique company culture for our people and a better experience for our customers.
Our Finance team are at the heart of Tandem’s fast-paced and exciting journey towards helping millions of hard-working people make a better life for themselves and their families.
Our Finance team are responsible for a wide range of tasks including financial reporting, forecasting and cash management. These tasks are important for many reasons, ranging from providing Board with timely, accurate financial information that aids key decision making, to ensuring customer loan advances are made on time.
Your Impact: Building a greener tomorrow
As an Assistant Accountant at Tandem your focus will be on:
- Posting and reconciliation of bank transactions.
- Liaising with operations to ensure timely & accurate updates on customer accounts.
- Purchasing ledger duties including posting of supplier invoices and reconciliation of supplier accounts.
- Preparing journals for posting to the general ledger.
- Preparing bank payments.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations as required.
- Processing expense claims and credit card statements.
- Processing commission.
- Individual performance and contribution to achieve KPI’s set by the business.
- Owning individual performance and personal development.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A minimum of 1 year+ experience in a similar Accounts Assistant or Purchase ledger role.
- AAT Level 2 or 3 – ongoing study can be supported.
- 5 GCSE’s (Or equivalent) at grades 4 or above (inc English & Maths)
- An interest in business and finance.
- Competency and confidence with numbers.
- A thorough, methodical, logical approach to work.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good IT skills, particularly in the use of spreadsheets.
- Discretion when handling confidential information
It would be great, but not essential if you have:
- The ability to work as part of a team, the capacity to understand complex information and problem solve.
- Ability to positively contribute to a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Honesty and reliability
- A self-motivated individual.
Rewards that reflect your value, what’s in it for you?
At Tandem, your hard work is rewarded in many ways and we have an enhanced employee benefits package on offer from your very first day with us:
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days Bank Holiday
- An additional day off for a ‘celebration day’ including, but not limited to, birthdays, weddings, religious holidays, graduations etc
- Buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Healthcare cash plan through Westfield Health worth a minimum of £750 per year
- Electric Vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Cycle to Work salary sacrifice scheme and a free helmet
- Salary sacrifice Pension contribution*, 4% employee contributions matched with 4% Tandem contribution (*Subject to salary eligibility)
- Smart Tech scheme (buy goods with 0% interest)
- 10% discount on solar panels
- Tandem Hub for treats, cash back and discounts on UK retailers
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
- Free cereal, snacks and drinks in all offices
- Quarterly team social budgets
Our Green Deal: Your Impact Amplified
A little welcome gift from us to you, we’ll plant a tree in the Tandem Grove and you can enter into our “Green Deal” below:
- Volunteer 2 days a year for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1 day annual leave
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Ready to make your mark?
Apply now and let's pave the way to a greener world, together. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t fret! We highly appreciate your unique experience and encourage you to apply for our Expression of interest vacancy on our Careers site.
Tandem is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.