Treasury Manager (IRRBB Specialist)
Job Title: Treasury Manager (IRRBB Specialist)
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00)
Salary: up to £80,000 with up to 20% bonus and benefits
Location: Flexible – we could support hybrid working from either our Blackpool of London office.
At Tandem, we're not just a bank; we're a movement for positive change. If you're an ambitious and dedicated Treasury Manager (IRRBB Specialist), ready to make an impact, we've got a space with your name on it!
The main purpose of the role is to measure, manage and report the Bank’s exposures to IRRBB.
We are Tandem - Where impact meets innovation
Tandem is the UK's greener digital bank on a bold quest to revolutionise the way we save, borrow, spend, and share – all while nurturing our planet, our people and our customers. As one of Europe’s fastest growing digital banks, our values of being Brave, Enterprising, Simple, and Together (BEST) ensure our 500-strong team collaborate to drive a brighter, greener future.
Tandem also leads the way with a secondary app called Loop. Loop gives customers a simpler, hassle free and awkward free way to share money among friends.
Your team: Collaborators in change
Tandem is building a versatile and dynamic Treasury Team which will allow the Bank to achieve its growth plans in a prudent and sustainable way. The team operates on a hybrid basis, with frequent opportunities to meet up and work collaboratively, either in London or Blackpool.
As Treasury Manager (IRRBB Specialist), you will play a key role in building the Treasury’s capability; you will work with teams from across the Bank to ensure that the Bank’s IRRBB exposures are fully captured, effectively managed and correctly reported. This is an important role within the Treasury department and we are looking to recruit someone who has a good understanding of interest rate risk and who can play a leading role in the team.
Your Impact: Building a greener tomorrow:
As a Treasury Manager (IRRBB Specialist) at Tandem your focus will be on:
- Management of the Bank’s IRRBB and CSRBB exposures, including:
- Establishing techniques to report IRRBB exposures using the Bank’s new ALM system, which is currently being implemented.
- Provision of routine reporting of IRRBB and CSRBB exposures to senior management and ALCO including potential impacts to NII and EVE.
- Preparing regulatory IRRBB reports for submission (FSA017, Basis Risk).
- Preparing instructions for swap execution.
- Working with business lines to ensure that customer optionality is fully captured (including pipeline risk and prepayment risk).
- Ownership of ICAAP sections relating to IRRBB.
- Ownership of policies and procedures relating to the management and control of IRRBB and CSRBB.
- Attendance at ALCO
- Supporting other areas of Treasury/ALM where required.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Strong understanding of the sources of IRRBB exposures and techniques to measure and manage those exposures.
- Strong numerical background with a proven ability within financial mathematics.
- Proven experience in project coordination
It would be great, but not essential if you have:
- Treasury/Accounting or similar qualification; CertBALM, ACCA, ACT, CFA.
- Experience of working in the Treasury department of a mid-sized building society or challenger bank.
- Educated to degree level, ideally with a mathematical/numerical focus.
Rewards that reflect your value, what’s in it for you?
At Tandem, your hard work is rewarded in many ways and we have an enhanced employee benefits package on offer from your very first day with us:
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days Bank Holiday
- An additional day off for a ‘celebration day’ including, but not limited to, birthdays, weddings, religious holidays, graduations etc
- Buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Healthcare cash plan through Westfield Health worth a minimum of £750 per year
- Electric Vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Cycle to Work salary sacrifice scheme and a free helmet
- Salary sacrifice Pension contribution*, 4% employee contributions matched with 4% Tandem contribution (*Subject to salary eligibility)
- Smart Tech scheme (buy goods with 0% interest)
- 10% discount on solar panels
- Tandem Hub for treats, cash back and discounts on UK retailers
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
- Free cereal, snacks and drinks in all offices
- Quarterly team social budgets
Our Green Deal: Your Impact Amplified
A little welcome gift from us to you, we’ll plant a tree in the Tandem Grove and you can enter into our “Green Deal” below:
- Volunteer 2 days a year for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1 day annual leave
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Ready to make your mark?
Apply now and let's pave the way to a greener world, together. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t fret! We highly appreciate your unique experience and encourage you to apply for our Expression of interest vacancy on our Careers site.
Tandem is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.