Job Title: Finance Manager
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, 36.25 hours per week
Salary: £65,000 - £75,000 and up to 20% bonus and benefits
Location: Hybrid work from our vibrant UK offices in London or Blackpool
At Tandem, we're not just a bank; we're a movement for positive change. If you're an ambitious and dedicated finance professional, ready to make an impact, we've got a space with your name on it!
You will play a key role in managing the month-end and year end close processes, including reviewing the overall financial results of the Group and understanding the key drivers of performance and production of the annual accounts for the Group and its subsidiaries.
We are Tandem - Where impact meets innovation
Tandem is the UK's greener digital bank on a bold quest to revolutionise the way we save, borrow, spend, and share – all while nurturing our planet, our people and our customers. As one of Europe’s fastest growing digital banks, our values of being Brave, Enterprising, Simple, and Together (BEST) ensure our 500-strong team collaborate to drive a brighter, greener future.
Tandem also leads the way with a secondary app called Loop. Loop gives customers a simpler, hassle free and awkward free way to share money among friends.
Your team: Collaborators in change
Tandem is proud to offer a workplace with diverse experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds which leads to a unique company culture for our people and a better experience for our customers.
The role sits within the Financial Reporting and Control (“FR&C”) Team and has two direct reports. The FR&C Team has played a key role building out financial practices as the business has grown both organically and acquisitively. The team works very closely with both internal and external stakeholders reporting and managing financial performance and risks.
Your Impact: Building a greener tomorrow
As a Finance Manager at Tandem your focus will be on:
- Annual financial statement preparation across the Group, including banking entity and other subsidiaries (including SPV’s)
- Overseeing month-end accounting and reconciliation for various banking products and Treasury instruments
- Manage and develop a team of 2 Financial Accountants
- Liaising with teams such as Treasury, Regulatory Reporting, Technology and Data to answer queries and improve our financial reporting
- Supporting the implementation and development of financial reporting controls
- Contribute to technical accounting matters, including analysis of financial information and researching accounting standards
- Reviewing current processes for opportunities for automation/improvement and drive the implementation of these
- Overseeing quarterly VAT returns and management of the Group’s ongoing VAT compliance
- Being the main day to day contact with external auditors
- Assisting on ad hoc analysis and deep dives as needed by the Financial Controller and Finance Director
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Are educated to degree level with a strong academic background
- Be ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Have significant experience of working in a regulated financial services environment (ideally within a bank or similar) or working with such clients within a Big 5 audit firm
- Have experience with UK and international accounting standards
- Have excellent people management skills/experience
- Have strong Excel skills
- Have a high attention to detail
Rewards that reflect your value, what’s in it for you?
At Tandem, your hard work is rewarded in many ways and we have an enhanced employee benefits package on offer from your very first day with us:
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days Bank Holiday
- An additional day off for a ‘celebration day’ including, but not limited to, birthdays, weddings, religious holidays, graduations etc
- Buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Healthcare cash plan through Westfield Health worth a minimum of £750 per year
- Electric Vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Cycle to Work salary sacrifice scheme and a free helmet
- Salary sacrifice Pension contribution, 4% employee contributions matched with 4% Tandem contribution
- Smart Tech scheme (buy goods with 0% interest)
- 10% discount on solar panels
- Tandem Hub for treats, cash back and discounts on UK retailers
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
- Free cereal, snacks and drinks in all offices
- Quarterly team social budgets
Our Green Deal: Your Impact Amplified
A little welcome gift from us to you, we’ll plant a tree in the Tandem Grove and you can enter into our “Green Deal” below:
- Volunteer 2 days a year for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1 day annual leave
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Ready to make your mark?
Apply now and let's pave the way to a greener world, together. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t fret! We highly appreciate your unique experience and encourage you to apply for our Expression of interest vacancy on our Careers site.
Tandem is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.