Job Title: Compliance Manager
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00)
Salary: to circa £50,000 plus up to 20% bonus and benefits
Location: Flexible; we support hybrid working from our UK offices in Cardiff, Manchester, London or Blackpool. Note trips to Blackpool will be required.
The Compliance Team is part of the second line of defence at Tandem, supporting the business in achieving its strategic objectives while adhering to the standards and expectations of both the Group and our regulators.
The Compliance Manager will deliver monitoring activities across the Group, ultimately to provide assurance to Senior Management and the Board that that the business is operating in line with the standards set by Tandem and our regulators.
What you will be working on:
- Contributing to the creation and maintenance of the Compliance Monitoring Plan
- Delivering both Thematic and Routine Outcomes Testing Reviews
- Creating clear and concise reports and Terms of Reference documents
- Feeding back and agreeing findings with stakeholders
- Getting to the root cause of any issues and recommending SMART actions to stakeholders
- Monitoring the closure and validation of actions
- Providing support to the Advisory Team as and when required with the opportunity to cross skill between teams
What we're looking for:
- Experience of working within a relevant financial services environment such as the compliance or first line risk function of a bank or lender
- Experience of preparation and delivery of thematic and routine outcomes testing reviews
- Good working knowledge of mortgage and consumer credit rules, throughout the product/customer lifecycle with a strong focus on consumer outcomes.
- Ability to work to agreed targets and prioritise work.
- Able to deliver individually but also a strong team player
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and demands
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, including the confidence to interact with and challenge senior stakeholders across the business.
- Ability to challenge information and get to the heart of a matter.
- Experience working at a digital bank would be an advantage.
- A related compliance qualification such as CeMAP, ICA diploma in Governance, Risk & Compliance or equivalents an advantage
We are Tandem - Where impact meets innovation
Tandem is the UK's greener digital bank on a bold quest to revolutionise the way we save, borrow spend, and share – all while nurturing our planet, our people and our customers. As one of Europe’s fastest growing digital banks, our values of being Brave, Enterprising, Simple, and Together (BEST) ensure our 500-strong team collaborate to drive a brighter, greener future.
Tandem also leads the way with a secondary app called Loop. Loop gives customers a simpler, hassle free and awkward free way to share money among friends.
Rewards that reflect your value, what’s in it for you?
At Tandem, your hard work is rewarded in many ways and we have an enhanced employee benefits package on offer from your very first day with us:
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days Bank Holiday
- An additional day off for a ‘celebration day’ including, but not limited to, birthdays, weddings, religious holidays, graduations etc
- Buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Healthcare cash plan through Westfield Health worth a minimum of £750 per year
- Electric Vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Cycle to Work salary sacrifice scheme and a free helmet
- Salary sacrifice Pension contribution*, 4% employee contributions matched with 4% Tandem contribution (*Subject to salary eligibility)
- Smart Tech scheme (buy goods with 0% interest)
- 10% discount on solar panels
- Tandem Hub for treats, cash back and discounts on UK retailers
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
- Free cereal, snacks and drinks in all offices
- Quarterly team social budgets
Our Green Deal: Your Impact Amplified
A little welcome gift from us to you, we’ll plant a tree in the Tandem Grove and you can enter into our “Green Deal” below:
- Volunteer 2 days a year for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1 day annual leave
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Recruitment at Tandem works primarily on a direct sourcing model and does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list. We are not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Tandem is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.