Job Title: Collections Advisor
Working Pattern: Contractual hours will include Monday to Saturday between 8am to 7pm. However, operationally our opening hours are currently 8am to 4pm (with a 45 minute lunch break). Any additional hours worked is factored into the departmental rota and /or lieu time is given.
Salary: up to £27,000 bonus and benefits
Location: Cardiff, Office based for training then hybrid working
At Tandem, we're not just a bank; we're a movement for positive change. If you're an ambitious and dedicated Collections Advisor, ready to make an impact, we've got a space with your name on it!
We are Tandem - Where impact meets innovation
Tandem is the UK's greener digital bank on a bold quest to revolutionise the way we save, borrow spend, and share – all while nurturing our planet, our people and our customers. As one of Europe’s fastest growing digital banks, our values of being Brave, Enterprising, Simple, and Together (BEST) ensure our 500-strong team collaborate to drive a brighter, greener future.
Tandem also leads the way with a secondary app called Loop. Loop gives customers a simpler, hassle free and awkward free way to share money among friends.
Your team: Collaborators in change
Lead by our Operations Director, our Operations teams are responsible for all customer contact. The teams are the primary point of contact for customers including responding to inbound queries for the lifetime of the loan as well as supporting customers that are in financial difficulty and/or arrears. Our aim is to provide exceptional service to our customers by ensuring that we have knowledgeable, well trained operational colleagues to deliver the service that our customers expect of us.
We offer careers that provide great opportunities to develop and progress alongside a fast-growing, forward-thinking business, allowing you to power your potential and thrive within Tandem, the greener, fairer bank!
Your Impact: Building a greener tomorrow
As a Customer Relationship Manager at Tandem your focus will be on:
- Actively engage and build trust with our customers providing information appropriate to their individual circumstances.
- Proactively manage all customer service-related inbound communication (via telephone, correspondence, email, portal) from customers and third parties as part of the servicing and arrears management of an unsecured loan.
- Identify situations that may require specialist handling (e.g. complaints, vulnerability, fraud) and refer these where appropriate.
- Knowledge and practical application of handling customer complaints, to include identifying complaints, logging and investigating with an aim to putting a resolution in place.
- Knowledge and practical application of dealing with vulnerable customers at first point of contact to ensure their specific needs are understood and they are treated with care and consideration.
- Proactively manage accounts in arrears by completing outbound contact to establish the root cause and identify options to assist the customer in rehabilitating their account whilst achieving Company objectives.
- Negotiate with customers and authorised third parties in financial difficulty regarding how to repay their arrears taking into consideration their individual personal circumstances.
- Knowledge and practical application of completing Income and Expenditure assessments and making repayment decisions in accordance with TCF principles and Company strategies.
- Attain and maintain own competence to Training and Competence Scheme demonstrated by ongoing adherence.
- Proactively challenge existing processes and take ownership for implementing positive changes which are within own span of control.
- Keep up to date with all Company/regulatory changes particularly those which affect own business area.
- Actively contribute to the achievement of the Operations and Company objectives and demonstrating Company values in everything you do.
- Adherence to and promotion of a culture of treating our customers fairly to deliver fair outcomes.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience in a similar role within a financial services collection’s environment is preferable but not essential
- Ability to positively contribute to a team
- Ability to self-motivate and use own initiative to achieve individual target
Qualities we look for:
- Someone who will positively contribute to the team.
- Honesty and reliability
- Good organisational and time management skills resulting in the ability to prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and a desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to actively listen and show empathy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer literacy including working experience on Microsoft Office.
Rewards that reflect your value, what’s in it for you?
At Tandem, your hard work is rewarded in many ways and we have an enhanced employee benefits package on offer from your very first day with us:
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days Bank Holiday
- An additional day off for a ‘celebration day’ including, but not limited to, birthdays, weddings, religious holidays, graduations etc
- Buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Healthcare cash plan through Westfield Health worth a minimum of £750 per year
- Electric Vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Cycle to Work salary sacrifice scheme and a free helmet
- Salary sacrifice Pension contribution*, 4% employee contributions matched with 4% Tandem contribution (*Subject to salary eligibility)
- Smart Tech scheme (buy goods with 0% interest)
- 10% discount on solar panels
- Tandem Hub for treats, cash back and discounts on UK retailers
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
- Free cereal, snacks and drinks in all offices
- Quarterly team social budgets
Our Green Deal: Your Impact Amplified
A little welcome gift from us to you, we’ll plant a tree in the Tandem Grove and you can enter into our “Green Deal” below:
- Volunteer 2 days a year for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1 day annual leave
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Ready to make your mark?
Apply now and let's pave the way to a greener world, together. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t fret! We highly appreciate your unique experience and encourage you to apply for our Expression of interest vacancy on our Careers site.
Tandem is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.