Job Title: : Pricing Manager
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, 36.25 hours per week
Salary: £75,000 - £90,000 and up to 20% bonus and benefits
Location: Flexible – Embrace hybrid work from any of our vibrant UK offices in London, Cardiff, Durham, Manchester, or Blackpool. Occasional travel will be required.
At Tandem, we're not just a bank; we're a movement for positive change. If you're an ambitious and dedicated Pricing Manager, ready to make an impact, we've got a space with your name on it!
The main purpose of the role is to improve the central pricing capability of the bank through analysis, modelling and controls, ultimately to support profit optimisation and delivery of long-term strategic plans.
We are Tandem - Where impact meets innovation
Tandem is the UK's greener digital bank on a bold quest to revolutionise the way we save, borrow spend, and share – all while nurturing our planet, our people and our customers. As one of Europe’s fastest growing digital banks, our values of being Brave, Enterprising, Simple, and Together (BEST) ensure our 500-strong team collaborate to drive a brighter, greener future.
Tandem also leads the way with a secondary app called Loop. Loop gives customers a simpler, hassle free and awkward free way to share money among friends.
Your team: Collaborators in change
Tandem is proud to offer a workplace with diverse experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds which leads to a unique company culture for our people and a better experience for our customers.
This role will sit within the Commercial Finance team alongside financial planning and procurement functions. Within the team you will contribute to analysis of performance against forecasts and in the creation of budget plans, while working closely with lending and savings teams to support, suggest and challenge pricing decisions.
Your Impact: Building a greener tomorrow
As a Pricing manager at Tandem your focus will be on:
- Development of pricing modelling
- Regular delivery of pricing analytics
- Development and improvement of pricing processes and controls
- Review and challenge of pricing proposals from operational teams
- Contributing to the development of budgets and strategic plans
- Identification of pricing opportunities across asset and liability books
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have a strong background in pricing analysis & modelling in a banking environment.
- Have delivered pricing controls & procedures.
- Have first rate Excel skills.
- Are delivery oriented, matching pragmatism with a can-do attitude.
- Can effectively communicate with senior stakeholders .
- Can put together a decent presentation.
- Can be self-sufficient, you’ll be required to take ownership and won’t be micro managed.
- Have good commercial acumen, able to consider and call out inconsistencies, areas to focus on or opportunities to for improvements.
It would be great, but not essential if you have:
- Previous experience with SQL
- Understanding of products, commercial drivers and key competitors in some or all of Tandem’s key markets
- Mortgages, first and second charge
- Motor finance
- Home improvement finance
Rewards that reflect your value, what’s in it for you?
At Tandem, your hard work is rewarded in many ways and we have an enhanced employee benefits package on offer from your very first day with us:
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days Bank Holiday
- An additional day off for a ‘celebration day’ including, but not limited to, birthdays, weddings, religious holidays, graduations etc
- Buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Healthcare cash plan through Westfield Health worth a minimum of £750 per year
- Electric Vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Cycle to Work salary sacrifice scheme and a free helmet
- Salary sacrifice Pension contribution*, 4% employee contributions matched with 4% Tandem contribution (*Subject to salary eligibility)
- Smart Tech scheme (buy goods with 0% interest)
- 10% discount on solar panels
- Tandem Hub for treats, cash back and discounts on UK retailers
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
- Free cereal, snacks and drinks in all offices
- Quarterly team social budgets
Our Green Deal: Your Impact Amplified
A little welcome gift from us to you, we’ll plant a tree in the Tandem Grove and you can enter into our “Green Deal” below:
- Volunteer 2 days a year for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1 day annual leave
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Ready to make your mark?
Apply now and let's pave the way to a greener world, together. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t fret! We highly appreciate your unique experience and encourage you to apply for our Expression of interest vacancy on our Careers site.
Tandem is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.