Job Title: Complaint Specialist
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, 09.00 - 17.00
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000 and up to 20% bonus and benefits
Location: Blackpool (FY4 2FB) hybrid working
At Tandem, we're not just a bank; we're a movement for positive change. If you're an ambitious and dedicated Complaint Specialist ready to make an impact, we've got a space with your name on it!
Our Complaints team are a core part of our Risk & Compliance function. Their main objective is to ensure that all complaints are investigated, and a fair outcome is provided to all customers. The Complaints team ensure that in dealing with complaints we meet the FCA regulatory requirements.
We are Tandem - Where impact meets innovation
Tandem is the UK's greener digital bank on a bold quest to revolutionise the way we save, borrow spend, and share – all while nurturing our planet, our people and our customers. As one of Europe’s fastest growing digital banks, our values of being Brave, Enterprising, Simple, and Together (BEST) ensure our 500-strong team collaborate to drive a brighter, greener future.
Tandem also leads the way with a secondary app called Loop. Loop gives customers a simpler, hassle free and awkward free way to share money among friends.
Your team: Collaborators in change
Tandem is proud to offer a workplace with diverse experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds which leads to a unique company culture for our people and a better experience for our customers.
You’ll be part of a team that fully investigate each complaint with a customer led approach, are responsive and diligent in their work and provide a fair outcome to each customer.
Your Impact: Building a greener tomorrow
As a Complaint Specialist at Tandem your focus will be on:
- Ensuring all aspects of compliance are met regarding DPA, CCA and FCA.
- Sending all required correspondence, ensuring communications are fit for purpose and adapted for varying needs of customers; summary resolution if < 3 days, acknowledgement letters < 5 days, FRL or holding letters at 56 days.
- Supporting with the timely logging of all complaints and ensuring iCasework is fully up to date.
- Engaging internal and external customers, providing high standards in customer care, customer interaction, dialogue and attention to detail.
- Assisting the Complaints Team Leader in the development of systems and processes that contain a design of sensitivity, confidentiality, respect and that promote right first-time outcomes to complaints.
- Managing your own workload in line with expectations set, taking ownership of individual performance, personal training and development.
- Having accountability for individual performance and contribution to achieve KPIs set by the business.
- Working as a team player to achieve group objectives, building good working relationship for the benefit of the customer.
- Being flexible to undertake other duties within the team as required and to cover periods of staff absence.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Someone with exceptional written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate to customers in a way which is clear, fair and not misleading.
- Someone who is customer focused and can demonstrate that customers are at the forefront of all decisions.
- Someone who possesses excellent attention to detail.
- Someone with strong decision-making skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Being flexible and adaptable to manage a range of different tasks.
- You’ll have good organisational and time management skills.
- You’ll have excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- Be honest, reliable and have the ability to exercise discretion and understanding of confidential issues.
Rewards that reflect your value, what’s in it for you?
At Tandem, your hard work is rewarded in many ways and we have an enhanced employee benefits package on offer from your very first day with us:
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days Bank Holiday
- An additional day off for a ‘celebration day’ including, but not limited to, birthdays, weddings, religious holidays, graduations etc
- Buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Healthcare cash plan through Westfield Health worth a minimum of £750 per year
- Electric Vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Cycle to Work salary sacrifice scheme and a free helmet
- Salary sacrifice Pension contribution*, 4% employee contributions matched with 4% Tandem contribution (*Subject to salary eligibility)
- Smart Tech scheme (buy goods with 0% interest)
- 10% discount on solar panels
- Tandem Hub for treats, cash back and discounts on UK retailers
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
- Free cereal, snacks and drinks in all offices
- Quarterly team social budgets
Our Green Deal: Your Impact Amplified
A little welcome gift from us to you, we’ll plant a tree in the Tandem Grove and you can enter into our “Green Deal” below:
- Volunteer 2 days a year for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1 day annual leave
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Ready to make your mark?
Apply now and let's pave the way to a greener world, together. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t fret! We highly appreciate your unique experience and encourage you to apply for our Expression of interest vacancy on our Careers site.
Tandem is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.