Senior Frontend Developer
Job Title: Senior Frontend Developer
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00), 36.25 hours per week
Salary: up to £70,000 with up to 20% bonus and benefits
Location: Flexible – Embrace fully remote or hybrid work from any of our vibrant UK offices in London, Cardiff, Durham, Manchester, or Blackpool.
At Tandem, we're not just a bank; we're a movement for positive change. If you're an ambitious and dedicated Senior Frontend Developer, ready to make an impact, we've got a space with your name on it!
The main purpose of the role is to improve the current offering and develop exciting new features of the Tandem Bank app on iOS and Android.
We are Tandem - Where impact meets innovation
Tandem is the UK's greener digital bank on a bold quest to revolutionise the way we save, borrow spend, and share – all while nurturing our planet, our people and our customers. As one of Europe’s fastest growing digital banking apps, our values of being Brave, Enterprising, Simple, and Together (BEST) ensure our 500-strong team collaborate to drive a brighter, greener future.
Tandem also leads the way with a secondary app called Loop. Loop gives customers a simpler, hassle free and awkward free way to share money among friends.
Your team: Collaborators in change
Tandem is proud to offer a workplace with diverse experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds which leads to a unique company culture for our people and a better experience for our customers.
You will collaborate within a tight-knit team of 4-5 developers. Operating in agile two-week sprints, our goal is to achieve deliverable releases at the end of each sprint.
Your Impact: Building a greener tomorrow
As a Senior Frontend Developer at Tandem your focus will be on:
- Designing and developing software with a focus on maintainability and scalability.
- Implementing Test-Driven Development (TDD) practices to ensure reliable code.
- Breaking down project requirements into manageable user stories.
- Contributing to Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Proactively identifying and resolving bugs and issues in the codebase.
- Driving positive changes and enhancements to improve system performance.
- Upholding high standards of code quality and consistency through peer code reviews
- Proficiency in Typescript for developing clean and maintainable code.
- Strong experience with React Native or React, enabling the development of cross-platform mobile applications.
- Competency in building iOS and Android apps, leveraging platform-specific capabilities.
- Knowledge of Node.js for backend interaction
- Familiarity with GraphQL for efficient data fetching and manipulation.
- Experience with AWS Lambda for serverless architecture and event-driven functions.
- Proficiency in Jest or other similar testing framework for unit and integration testing, ensuring code reliability.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Proven track record of designing and developing user-friendly and responsive front-end interfaces.
- Experience in building and optimizing performance-oriented mobile applications.
- Ability to collaborate with backend developers and integrate APIs seamlessly.
- Solid understanding of mobile application design principles, including UI/UX best practices.
- Knowledge of secure coding practices, especially in financial application development.
- Familiarity with version control systems, particularly Git, for collaborative development.
It would be great, but not essential if you have:
- Familiarity with continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Knowledge of containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Previous work experience in the financial industry or with fintech companies.
- Contribution to open-source projects related to mobile development or green technologies.
- Understanding of accessibility standards and practices for creating inclusive applications.
Rewards that reflect your value, what’s in it for you?
At Tandem, your hard work is rewarded in many ways and we have an enhanced employee benefits package on offer from your very first day with us:
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days Bank Holiday
- 1 celebration day off for your birthday or additional religious calendar event
- Buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Healthcare cash plan through Westfield Health worth a minimum of £750 per year
- Electric Vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Cycle to Work salary sacrifice scheme and a free helmet
- Salary sacrifice Pension contribution*, 4% employee contributions matched with 4% Tandem contribution (*Subject to salary eligibility)
- Smart Tech scheme (buy goods with 0% interest)
- 10% discount on solar panels
- Tandem Hub for treats, cash back and discounts on UK retailers
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
- Free cereal, snacks and drinks in all offices
- Quarterly team social budgets
Our Green Deal: Your Impact Amplified
A little welcome gift from us to you, we’ll plant a tree in the Tandem Grove and you can enter into our “Green Deal” below:
- Volunteer 2 days a year for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1 day annual leave
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Ready to make your mark?
Apply now and let's pave the way to a greener world, together. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t fret! We highly appreciate your unique experience and encourage you to apply for our Expression of interest vacancy on our Careers site. Sourcing Model
Tandem is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.