Job Title: Compliance Manager
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00)
Salary: to circa £50,000 plus up to 20% bonus and benefits
Location: Flexible; we support hybrid working from our UK offices in Cardiff, Manchester, or Blackpool. Note trips to Blackpool will be required.
The Compliance Team is part of the second line of defence at Tandem, supporting the business in achieving its strategic objectives while adhering to the standards and expectations of both the Group and our regulators.
The Compliance Manager will deliver monitoring activities across the Group, ultimately to provide assurance to Senior Management and the Board that that the business is operating in line with the standards set by Tandem and our regulators.
What you will be working on:
- Contributing to the creation and maintenance of the Compliance Monitoring Plan
- Delivering both Thematic and Routine Outcomes Testing Reviews
- Creating clear and concise reports and Terms of Reference documents
- Feeding back and agreeing findings with stakeholders
- Getting to the root cause of any issues and recommending SMART actions to stakeholders
- Monitoring the closure and validation of actions
- Providing support to the Advisory Team as and when required with the opportunity to cross skill between teams
What we're looking for:
- Experience of working within a relevant financial services environment such as the compliance or first line risk function of a bank or lender
- Experience of preparation and delivery of thematic and routine outcomes testing reviews
- Good working knowledge of mortgage and consumer credit rules, throughout the product/customer lifecycle with a strong focus on consumer outcomes.
- Ability to work to agreed targets and prioritise work.
- Able to deliver individually but also a strong team player
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and demands
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, including the confidence to interact with and challenge senior stakeholders across the business.
- Ability to challenge information and get to the heart of a matter.
- Experience working at a digital bank would be an advantage.
- A related compliance qualification such as CeMAP, ICA diploma in Governance, Risk & Compliance or equivalents an advantage
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with greener ways to spend, borrow and save.
With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Electric Vehicle scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and a free helmet
- Reward Hub for treats, cash back and discounts
- Pension contribution matched up to 4%
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
- Free cereal and snacks in the office
- Smart tech scheme (buy goods with 0% interest)
- 10% discount on solar panels
- Quarterly team social budgets
- Healthcare plan through Westfield Health
- Free flu jabs
Take part in our Green Deal
- Volunteer 2 days a year for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1-day annual leave
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Recruitment at Tandem works primarily on a direct sourcing model and does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list. We are not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Tandem is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.