Senior Corporate Development Manager
Job Title: (Senior) Corporate Development Manager
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00)
Salary: £60,000 - £90,000 (dependent on experience) up to 30% bonus and benefits
Location: Hybrid working from our London or Blackpool Offices
Reporting line: MD Corporate Development and Impact
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with greener ways to spend, borrow and save.
With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
We’re building an amazing team and we’re looking for a hardworking and driven (Senior) Corporate Development Manager to support us on our journey.
The main purpose of the role:
As (Senior) Corporate Development Manager you will be at the heart of Tandem’s inorganic growth strategy. You will play a key role in Tandem's pursuit of opportunities across the end-to-end transaction lifecycle, including the sourcing, assessment and execution of strategic lending partnerships, mergers & acquisitions and portfolio purchases. In this role you will also support fund raising and investor-related activity, conduct wider strategic analysis and market research, and develop relationships with external advisers. In addition, there is scope to get involved in the bank’s Pricing Committee and Impact strategy.
This is a high profile role in which your work will inform direction and decision making at the highest level of the bank. You will work closely with the MD Corporate Development and Impact operating as their right hand person and gain significant exposure to the bank’s most senior leadership and majority shareholder. You will also gain exposure to the wider operations of the bank by working with peers in functions such as Finance, Risk, Legal, Product, Business Line MDs, Data, Operations and Compliance.
What you will be working on:
- Identify and monitor opportunities. Keep track of Tandem’s corporate development pipeline, helping to identify, qualify and monitor live opportunities
- Conduct investment appraisal and financial analysis. Produce strategic and financial analysis to evaluate lending partnerships, mergers & acquisitions and portfolio purchase transactions
- Support transaction execution. Support the end-to-end management and execution of transactions, including due diligence, review of contracts, transaction structuring and implementation as well as 3rd party advisor coordination
- Support fund raising. Help drive Tandem’s fund raising activity, including the drafting of information memorandum materials, VDR preparation and investor updates, and responding to ad hoc investor-related requests
- Identify competitive trends. Monitor and analyse UK economic, regulatory and competitor trends to create actionable insights and benchmarks that can shape Tandem’s direction
- Produce informative presentations. Produce logical and compelling presentations that explain analyses to support executive and board decision making
- Prepare pricing decisions across the bank’s asset classes based on existing framework
- Collaborate with FP&A team to shape the bank’s Medium Term Plan
- Support ESG reporting and strategic Impact roadmap
What we're looking for:
- You have 2-4 years’ (or 5+ for Senior Manager role) Banking/Fintech sector and M&A transactional experience within a top-tier bank, consultancy, transaction advisory business or in-house corporate development team
- Sound understanding of accounting, M&A and valuation concepts that you have previously applied to assess real opportunities
- Experience developing strategic analyses, conducting market research and compiling actionable benchmarks, drawing on various internal and external data sources
- Excellent technical Excel skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative financial analysis, able to tackle complex problems using straightforward logic
- Good Powerpoint skills and strong attention to detail, able to synthesise and communicate complex analyses into effective and visually appealing presentations
- Great communication skills with the ability to build relationships with people across all levels and influence senior leadership
- Intellectually curious and like a challenge, able to take an 80:20 approach and prioritise competing initiatives, and see yourself thriving in a fast-moving business
- Advanced post-graduate education, e.g. MBA or CFA
- Accounting Qualifications
- Advanced financial modelling skills, e.g. VBA / SQL / SAS
- Experience presenting to or preparing presentation material for C-Suite / Board Level
- Previous Buy-Side experience (directly or indirectly)
Our rewards are getting a big update, with enhancements due to land throughout 2023!
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Electric Vehicle scheme
- Free cereal and snacks in the office
- Cycle to work scheme and a free helmet
- Perkbox for treats and discounts
- Pension contribution matched up to 4%
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
Take part in our Green Deal
- Volunteer 2 days a week for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1-day annual leave
- Drive a lower emissions or hybrid car > free raffle entries with the chance to win a weekend away for 2
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Tandem is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable. Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.