Senior Product Designer - Design Systems
At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
At Staffbase, you will have the opportunity to help redefine the importance and purpose of internal communications in the enterprise segment. Goodbye old clunky B2B user experience, hello to intuitive & innovative B2B UX design.
We are looking for a design system specialist who will drive the adoption of the Staffbase Design System within the product organisation, helping other teams build better user interfaces faster and maintain consistency across products.
This role will report to a Design Manager.
What you’ll be doing
- Craft simple, beautiful, and functional product experiences, using Staffbase design system and industry standards
- Co-own product discovery and influence product strategy while working both within a cross-functional team and the design systems team
- Work closely with designers, content writers and accessibility experts to establish guidelines and patterns, ensuring quality and consistency
- Drive the adoption of the design system across product teams, enabling designers and engineers to build user interfaces faster
- Own a design system contribution model, enabling teams to contribute to the design system and build their own components, following design guidelines
- Maintain and continuously improve design components and the pattern library in Figma, as well as code components documentation on Storybook
What you need to be successful
- Design system enthusiast with a passion for visual design, accessibility, and modern web technologies
- 4+ years of experience designing digital products with a focus on building design systems at scale, with a portfolio to demonstrate that
- A great collaborator and facilitator integrating diverse data points and research into design decisions
- Expert-level skills in Figma and experience with building and maintaining design component libraries
- Ability to translate design to code, with a deep understanding of Design Tokens, HTML, CSS, and how components are built in ReactJS
- Knowledge of design systems like Carbon, Material, Spectrum, Apple Human Interface Guidelines
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or professional experience in Front-End development is a plus
- Strong English language competency and communication skills
What you'll get
- Competitive Compensation - we offer attractive salary packages including an Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Flexibility - we offer flexible working time models and the option of hybrid work, and support this with a yearly flex work allowance of €1560.
- Growth Budget - all employees get a yearly budget for external training of €1000, and one day off for growth per year (increase to two days in 2nd year).
- Wellbeing - in addition to our yearly vacation of 30 days, we’re running a 4-day-work week every year in August with full payment.
- Support - we’re offering a company pension scheme.
- Sports & Health - join our sport courses in the offices or lease a bike with Staffbase. The offices are equipped with fruits, drinks and snacks.
- Team Building - Regular team and office events including the yearly Staffbase Camp.
- Volunteers Day - you’ll get one day off per year for supporting a social project. We will donate a small amount for that project in addition.
- Employee Referral Program - one of your friends is a fit to one of our full-time openings? Refer them and get a referral bonus paid.
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
We offer different working time models and hybrid work set ups, to get the best office and working-from-home experience at once.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.