Senior Solutions Engineer
At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Solutions Engineer to join our dynamic team in Sydney, Australia. As a Senior Solutions Engineer at Staffbase, you will play a crucial role in understanding our clients' needs, architecting solutions, and ensuring successful implementation of our employee communication and engagement platforms. This is a unique opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and collaborate with clients across various industries.
What you’ll be doing
- You work with our Account Executives to build and deliver engaging demos to prospective customers that spark excitement.
- You work with our prospective customers to find the best technical setup for their internal communications needs and remove technical obstacles to winning deals.
- You run technical evaluations of the Staffbase platform and consult on different integration methods.
- You consult prospects regarding our APIs, our architecture recommendations and implementation approaches.
- Crafting and building RFP response documents which position the Staffbase product in the best possible manner.
- Be the technical lead starting from our kick-off call until the Staffbase solution is finally launched
- Work closely with our customers after-sales department (Technical Support Engineers) to find the best setup for our customer integration needs
- Oversee and support technical implementation tasks for new customers
- Consult customers regarding our APIs, architecture recommendations and implementation approaches
- Partner with the Customer Success Manager and the Project Manager to provide an excellent technical onboarding process for new customers
- Play a key role helping our customers as a product expert with a strategic mind and high customer-service orientation
What you'll need to be successful
- You’re excited about building something from the ground up while having the backing and resources of a billion dollar company. As part of a fast growing team you’re not afraid to leave the typical scope of your role if needed.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in information science, Information Systems, Business Engineering, or role/technical experience to replace degree requirements
- 5-10years of experience in a similar role, (SaaS pre-sales/solutions engineering/solutions consulting)
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies and the value proposition vs. an on-prem solution.
- While you’re not required to be a full stack engineer, you should have a general understanding of web development and knowledge of common technologies. You shouldn’t be afraid to whip up an MVP that interacts with our APIs.
- Solution-focused understanding of REST APIs and how to interact with them
- Experience with enterprise software and common concepts/integrations is a plus: SAP, Workday, Single Sign-on, Active Directory, etc.
- You bring the ability to quickly understand technical concepts and effectively communicate them to technical and non-technical people
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal, written, presentations)
- Comfort using the command line or application logs to narrow down issues with technical integrations on either side
- Knowledge about security and compliance topics in a SaaS environment is a plus
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
We offer different working time models and hybrid work set ups, to get the best office and working-from-home experience at once.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.