At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
Hey there! We're on the lookout for talented Backend Engineers to join our Staffbase team and help us build an awesome internal communications platform. We are looking for empathetic and motivated team players who are motivated by growth and ownership. Let’s talk!
- Working with skilled and similar-minded professionals in a team that values diversity and inclusivity.
- We aim to create a flexible and agile work environment that promotes the well-being and work-life balance of our employees.
- We believe that team events during working hours play a vital role in building an exceptionally effective team, and we encourage them.
- We are enthusiastic about technology and committed to using it to improve the world.
- We follow the "You build it, you run it" approach and take pride in it.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for improving and developing both our web-based clients, including native apps, and our RESTful web services.
- Work in a cross-functional scrum team and produce high-quality and tested code.
- Give and receive valuable feedback in our code review process and continuously learn and share knowledge with your peers.
- Being open to feedback and taking ownership of your work are essential.
- Take ownership for the topics you care about, ranging from the features you produce over the quality of our work to the environment we work in.
- You work iteratively, frequently pushing code, ensuring a good CI/CD pipeline, and automating where possible.
What you need to be successful
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Passion about the things you build and want to make a difference.
- Experience in Kotlin, Go and Java.
- Ideally, you have worked with MongoDB, Terraform, Docker before and have an understanding of REST and Microservices, next to that, you are passionate for Test Driven Development.
- Preferably, you have worked in an agile environment before.
- You value quality as well as clean code and learning new things.
- Good English communication skills
- You are a self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team.
- Understanding and appreciative diversity and inclusivity in the workplace.
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
We offer different working time models and hybrid work set ups, to get the best office and working-from-home experience at once.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.