Video Editor / Motion Graphics Designer
At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
We’re looking for a Video Editor/Motion Graphics Designer to help create world-class, video-based education for Internal Communications professionals. Reporting to the Director, Staffbase Campus, and working closely with e-learning content developers and instructional designers, you will help drive the creative and technical production of visual assets for Staffbase’s Campus Online Education program. You will set the standard for style and substance, and act as a go-to expert for all things audio/visual.
What you’ll be doing
- Drive the production of video-based education courseware, as contributor and video authority
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Brand & Video Strategist to define and refine the brand standards, video templates, and other guidelines for the Campus (Online Education) sub-brand
- Create expert-grade audio and video recording, editing, and mastering for video assets
- Collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders to create memorable educational content that efficiently accomplishes learning objectives
- Follow the Courseware Production Roadmap, helping to define what gets produced, when and how
- Constantly strive for improvement through actionable video metrics
- Project management of assigned production tasks, and clean management of all supporting assets (scripts, storyboards, source files, renders, versioning, translation files, b-roll, stock footage, raw footage, animations, avatars etc).
- Work cross-functionally to export video production expertise to other internal teams, helping to raise the bar for the organization
- Actively participate in the brand development for the Staffbase Campus program
What you need to be successful
- 3-5 years years of relevant video production, editing, animation experience
- Degree from an accredited 4 year university of college; or equivalent work experience or technical training.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe video and audio editing suite: Premier, After Effects, Audition, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Strong experience directing and filming live action footage (and audio), including setting up lighting and microphones.
- Experience shooting video with DSLR-style cameras and 2-camera set-ups
- Strong video editing skills, including motion graphics, live action, screencasting.
- Sophisticated visual aesthetic and a keen eye for quality.
- Solid understanding of timing, pacing, and how they contribute to storytelling
- A focus on the learner, engagement, and learning outcomes.
- Strong editing skills, for evaluating and improving video scripts, and collaborating with instructional designers on “visual writing”.
- Good command of both German and English
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer full time and flexible work-from-home options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.