Product Marketing Manager
At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be a member of the team responsible for creating the story we tell about our products, as well as the plan for getting that story on the ground. You will be an advocate for our product’s value, practical use cases and relative competitive benefits. You will immerse yourself in the market to gain knowledge to help you analyze and optimize our go-to-market strategy. Success in this role will require an analytical thinker with an ability to build strong partnerships across various functions and businesses.
What you’ll be doing
- Build and manage relationships to product management and be a knowledge base for information on upcoming product developments, their positioning, and demand strategy.
- Own project planning and implementation of product launches across departments, including conducting workshops for sales & customer teams on messaging and positioning, pricing, etc.
- Conduct market research (buyer personas, messaging, win-loss analysis, in-depth interviews, industry trends, ideal customer profiles, and segmentation)
- Create and maintain messaging frameworks (buyer personas, customer pain points and needs, use cases, value propositions, and customer outcomes). Spearhead collateral creation based on your frameworks.
- Continually research competitors, including their messaging, business strategy, and feature offerings. Own keeping detailed competitor information up to date.
What you need to be successful
- Curious, strategic, detail-oriented, and creative
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in product marketing, product management, marketing communications, or business consulting.
- Highly analytical. Ability to process technical information, customer feedback, team member input, and direction from leadership into strategic and concise output
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Motivation, flexibility, and the ability to work independently
- Comfort working in a cross-departmental role requiring you to communicate often and well with others, as well as thrive in a highly distributed team
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer full time and flexible work-from-home options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.