Backend Engineer - Delivery Team (m/f/x)
As a Backend Engineer at SPARETECH, you will not only develop existing planned features but also provide your own input into paving new ways for the product and for the team's existing infrastructure. You will be active and collaborative in the code writing and review processes, ensuring the quality and performance of the codebase. You will judge on priorities and apply healthy pragmatism.
We offer you the opportunity to
- Constantly create something new: Design, build, test and deploy new features and improvements for the web app our customers use on a daily basis.
- Solve product problems and collaborate with a small, cross-functional team of product managers, designers and fellow engineers.
- Bring our Engineering Strategy forward, with a focus on architecture, security, quality and performance.
- Extend and maintain our APIs with a focus on security, reliability and performance to enable customers and developer colleagues
- Work closely with skilled engineers and develop your own skills.
Become a part of the team if you
- 3+ years of industry experience building high-quality code as an individual contributor (IC)
- Proficient with at least one JVM-based language
- A passion for collaborating with stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL/MySQL)
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience using Kotlin (A Plus)
- Have worked with a cloud service-based infrastructure (either AWS, GCP or Azure). (A Plus)
You can expect
- A remote-first company, where you can decide every day whether you work from home, at our headquarters in Stuttgart, or at one of our Design Offices in Germany
- A competitive salary with a stock package and a full-time, permanent contract
- Free choice of the hardware you need to work with
- An annual training budget that you can invest in training, conferences, or professional coaching
- In Germany: a subsidized job bike to escape city traffic and a Wellpass gym membership to stay active
- A dynamic start-up atmosphere and an international team in which new ideas, creative approaches, and cooperation at eye level are valued
SPARETECH's vision is to empower the zero-waste industrial sharing economy by enabling factory operators like BOSCH, PORSCHE, and AIRBUS to no longer store spare parts in their inventories, but rather receive parts when needed. To achieve this vision, we at SPARETECH are building a data-driven platform that connects factory operators and suppliers across industries worldwide. Our platform aggregates product data from different partners and thousands of sources, allowing clients to cleanse and enrich their spare parts data, identify real demand, and source the right part. SPARETECH has successfully closed a €10 million Series A round led by Insight Partners to accelerate our growth. We take pride in its inclusive and collaborative culture, as well as its energetic and committed team, as reflected in the 4.9 stars Kununu ratings.