Finance Business Partner
Reporting directly to Pie’s Vice President of Finance, this role will be responsible for supporting Pie’s business leaders, acting as a trusted advisor to help them analyze, manage, grow, and optimize their functions. This involves partnering with leadership and department owners, leading department planning processes, ad hoc analysis, developing key management reporting/dashboards, analyzing KPIs and providing business insights, assisting with analytics/reporting architecture, and providing general finance business partner support.
How You’ll Do It
Business Partner Support and Analysis
- Proactively partner with Business Partners to provide financial management and decision-making support including the allocation of resources against strategic objectives
- Lead and conduct strategic and analytical projects in collaboration with Business Partners to build business cases, identify new investment or cost saving opportunities, optimize internal processes, etc.
- Provide Business Partners advice on reaching business growth and efficiency goals while staying within budget
- Serve as the connective tissue across teams, creating and strengthening cross-functional relationships
- Provide financial expertise and support to evaluation and negotiations with key vendors and strategic partners
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Develop annual, quarterly, and monthly financial forecasts
- Build dynamic, ratio-driven headcount forecasts and support/educate Business Partners in the headcount forecasting process and management to budget
- Work closely with the People and Talent team to inform headcount, hiring, and compensation decisions
- Collaborate with Strategic Finance colleagues to inform near- and long-term financial forecasts
- Compile monthly, quarterly, and annual variance analysis and dig into variances; identify risks and opportunities to the budget and forecast; close the loop with identifying areas of improvement for our financial forecasts, utilizing key learnings to enhance our forecasting approach and methodologies
- Track and report on KPIs to analyze business trends and provide financial insights
- Drive initiatives to continuously improve and automate forecasting and reporting tools and processes
The Right Stuff
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. A degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting or related fields is preferred.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in the areas of Finance or Accounting is preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) is preferred.
- Advanced modeling skills for use in forecasting and budgeting.
- Strong finance acumen and financial analysis skills with a high attention to detail.
- Exceptional analytical skills and natural curiosity for how a company’s financial metrics and KPIs indicate its inner workings with a preference to base decisions on data and ROI.
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity and drive projects from planning to completion.
- Experience in managing multiple work-streams end-to-end along with working across multiple functions and teams.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral/written communication skills, with the ability to build trusted relationships with business stakeholders.
- Looker, Intacct, Adaptive and Workday experience or experience with related tools is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.