Business Systems Administrator
The Business System Administrator will be part of an agile business systems team accountable for supporting and maintaining functionality within the Pie Insurance technology ecosystem. This individual will work cross-functionally with members of both technical and business staff to help provide application support, build out Pie's application stack along our Customer Journey (SFDC, Policy System, Claims System, Telephony, etc.) according to best practices, and ensure successful deployments. This role is critical for achieving strategic company-level objectives, while collaborating cross-functionally to ensure a succinct operational experience for their stakeholders.
How You’ll Do It
- Support platform security protocols including roles, profiles, sharing rules and permission sets, as well as license assignment
- Creates and/or maintains key product documentation (e.g., customer journey map, technical specs, process mapping, etc.).
- Monitor application support trends and identify potential problems
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on platforms within the Customer Journey space and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes
- Contribute to Pie's system documentation repository
- Construct solutions to challenging business problems using standard platform functionality (reports and dashboards, workflow automation via declarative & programmatic functionality)
- "Work on completing the regular internal system audits and database maintenance
- Provide user technical support by helping troubleshoot issues and answer questions about using Pie's technology
- Ability to document and escalate unresolved issues
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, resolve issues with users, and work autonomously to solve problems
- Train, educate, and coach business lines to enhance their knowledge and competencies to empower them and make them self-sufficient in owning and managing their data.
- Assist in data analysis, data prep and research as needed by the user stories
The Right Stuff
- 2-5 years of experience working with business systems, ideally in a similar role.
- Experience with Call center software like Five9, Genesys, RingCentral, etc is preferred
- Experience supporting Claims Management systems or other Insurance industry related software is preferred
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software, including operating systems (Windows, macOS, Linux), networks, and databases.|
- Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality
- Understanding of system security, data backup and recovery procedures.
- Self-motivated, adaptable, learning agile, and a problem solver. Ability to work on diverse, cross-cultural teams.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Customer service orientation and ability to effectively handle user issues.
- Experience working as part of a Scrum team
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.