Senior Software Engineer (Python)
Who We Are:
The partnership channel offers scale and automation on a pay-for-performance model that delivers the operating leverage necessary for brand survival. Partnerize empowers marketers with technology built to discover, engage, and convert audiences, at scale, all while maintaining brand safety and control.
Why Join Us?
Our commitment to growing partnerships doesn't end with our clients. Our employees are carefully selected to be a part of our company because they emulate a carefully crafted and practiced set of core values that define us and our business. Joining Partnerize means joining a company that sincerely values your talent, expertise, and passion. We strive each day to hire and retain only the best. Doing so affords us the opportunity to be the best in the business, to exceed our clients' expectations, to innovate, to teach—and most importantly—to earn and maintain our clients’ loyalty.
The things you care about
At the heart of our platform we track performance marketing data and build a number of solutions to turn this data into useful information for our customers. We work with a lot of data, generating over a billion events across our infrastructure daily. We aim to make as much of this data available in real-time as possible, which is no mean feat at this scale! Our platform is powered by our REST APIs and everything is developed with an API-first approach.
As a Python Software Engineer at Partnerize, you will:
- Be responsible for developing systems that process data at near real time for thousands of events per second, operating with data sets in the region of tens of billions of rows.
- Contribute towards mission critical systems for the business, helping us to scale our platform to meet the demands of our clients.
- Work closely with the lead architect to build services that are scalable, fault tolerant, and resilient.
- Write clean, well-tested and refactored code while keeping in mind maintainability and scalability of the system.
You are a software engineer with:
- Experience with developing distributed systems using services.
- A strong understanding of computing fundamentals such as object oriented development, data structures, low level architecture.
- Experience with developing systems with high concurrency, e.g. asynchronous programming models (Asyncio) using the FastAPI framework.
- Experience with large scale data processing and event stream models.
- Experience implementing systems that are fault tolerant, distributed, and horizontally scalable.
- Practical experience with Agile and Lean delivery approaches and modern engineering practices, such as clean code, TDD, refactoring, Continuous integration and delivery.
- Hands-on experience with technologies like Kafka, MySQL, Postgres.
- A keen interest in learning new technologies and keeping up to date with technology trends.
- A good understanding of QA best practices and technical documentation..
We hope you have:
- Experience with processing financial data.
- Experience in reverse engineering and problem solving skills, specifically the ability to understand existing systems written in PHP to reimplement.
- An understanding of operational principles, specifically Linux based systems.
UK Benefits & Perks
- 25 days holiday in addition to bank holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave: 6 months full pay for birth parent, 4 weeks non-birth parent at full pay after one year employment
- 5 extra 'Partnerize Parental Days' each year
- Private Medical Insurance through Bupa
- Enhanced pension contributions
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Wellness Program including access to EAP, Wellness Coaching & Wellness Fridays program
- Regular company events and activities
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to attracting, developing, and advancing our outstanding team members, regardless of race, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, gender identity, physical abilities, or any other dimension of diversity. We strive to foster an environment where people can be their authentic selves, raise concerns and innovate, all without fear; where they are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities and resources and can contribute fully to the organization’s success. Every individual in our business is expected to live this commitment without exception.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: To protect the interests of all parties, Partnerize will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate or an approved vendor that has a written and signed agreement in place with Partnerize. Please do not contact or forward resumes to our company employees or locations. Any unsolicited resumes will be considered Partnerize property. Partnerize is not responsible for any charges or fees related to unsolicited resumes.