🌟 Content Meets Advertising | Content Made Easy | Connect Content to Outcomes
Nativo is elevating advertising by enabling brands to unlock the power of content to engage and influence their audiences. Our award-winning technology simplifies content distribution and boasts many innovative and intuitive features trusted by brands like Disney, Amazon, Hilton, GM, Abbvie, and top global media companies.
We can fundamentally change advertising to be more respectful of the user experience and more effective for advertisers and publishers. Nativo provides unique and differentiated offerings in a space often filled with commoditization. It’s a great time to join our team! 🚀
We’re a remote-first, fully distributed team. You do not have to relocate to join us!
Nativo is looking for a Data Scientist with a focus on different optimization techniques using linear programming and quadratic programming. You will join our Data Science team in architecting the future of advertising by creating meaningful connections with consumers on the only ad platform that combines the power of content with scale, measurement, and control.
As our Data Scientist, you will play an integral role here at Nativo utilizing your analytical, statistical, and programming skills to collect, analyze, and interpret large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization within our big data infrastructure. You will be joining our Data Science team in using various advanced optimization technologies to develop data-driven targeting solutions for large-scale challenges.
What You’ll Do
- Mine and analyze data to build and implement statistical models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action to help optimize our big data infrastructure
- Work with large sets of data using a variety of big data methods/tools to create algorithms, develop/implement models, and run simulations that drive optimization of product development and business strategies
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting, and other business outcomes
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to solve high volume low latency problems, using various statistical/mathematical models
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
What You’ll Bring
- 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field required with Ph.D. preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using statistical computer languages (Python, R) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets required
- Experience working with linear, quadratic programming, and other optimization techniques
- Experience using different machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc) and understand their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- Experience using web services such as S3 or Spark
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools such as Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development
- Excellent communication skills for coordinating cross-functionally across t
Why You Might Be Excited About Us
- We are bridging a massive gap in advertising strategy for brands that want to accelerate the customer journey where prospects are consuming content, no ads.
- We’re an established team with diverse leadership and supportive and caring teammates who want to see you succeed.
- We’re not small or large but have talented people passionate about delivering on our mission. So, you’ll join a team where you can contribute efficiently without bureaucracy.
- We run meetings responsibly. If we can effectively solve a problem asynchronously, we do. When we meet synchronously, you’ll always have the opportunity to contribute.
- Our team has a wide range of experience (NBCUniversal, OpenX, VideoAmp, and Modern Luxury), and we are also excited to learn from you.
- You can work remotely; we are big on outcomes rather than output. We don’t micromanage and will create an environment where you can do great work.
- We’ll mold your role and shape a career you’re proud of. We care about you and your overall happiness and will help prepare you for whatever you want to do in the future.
- You’ll help shape our company’s culture and fill an important need for the organization so you can make a difference from the start.
- Since you’ll have responsibility and creativity over projects, they may not be fully defined yet. You’ll bring your own experience and perspective to help us do the right things and raise suggestions if you think we should do things differently.
What We Offer
We’re always listening to our team members, and our benefits continue to evolve. While we embrace a distributed work model by design, we are big on building genuine connections and lean into many opportunities throughout the year to meet up in person. This approach ensures we strengthen bonds, get to know each other’s stories and foster an environment where everyone feels like they belong.
🌎 Remote Work Culture: At Nativo, we thrive in a remote-friendly setup, embracing a distributed team dynamic. Yet, we always look forward to our in-person meetups.
✈️ Annual Company Retreat: Every year, we choose a top-notch destination, bringing together the entire Nativo team to connect, share knowledge, and celebrate our collective wins.
🔋 Unlimited Time Off: Rest is vital. Besides advocating for unlimited time off, we honor the festive spirit by shutting down during the year’s final week for a winter break—a perfect moment for everyone to enjoy quality time with friends and family.
👶 Inclusive Paid Parental Leave: Every family is unique, and we respect that. Our paid parent leave is available to all team members starting their parenting journey, no matter the path. We even help smooth the return with a transition program to ease back into work.
🏡 Your Home Office, On Us: We equip you with everything you need to create a productive home workspace. You’ll be ready to roll up your sleeves in no time!
🧠 Prioritizing Mental Wellness: Your mental health matters. That’s why we provide access to Spring Health, ensuring you’re always operating at your best.
Health & Wellbeing Allowance: Beyond our comprehensive benefits and financial wellness package, we provide an additional allowance to invest in you. Use it for anything that elevates your work spirit - the endless possibilities!
🪴 Equity Incentive Program: Everyone at Nativo is an owner. We all have a vested interest in seeing the company succeed. From day one, you’ll contribute and share in creating value for our customers and investors.
Nativo is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The starting pay range for this role is $130,000 - $170,000. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years’ experience, certifications, and specific location. The starting pay range may differ by location.
The total rewards package for this position may also include an annual performance bonus, stock options, and benefits (which may differ by country). For additional information, please visit our careers page.
We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. When we work together, we achieve amazing things, and our differences are what make our products and company great. Our core values guide our work, our interactions and the unique talents and perspectives each team member brings to the table.
Nativo is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Nativo considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. Nativo is committed to offering an inclusive and accessible experience for all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. Our goal is to foster an inclusive and accessible workplace environment where everyone has the opportunity to be successful.