Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Motion is growing fast (3x YoY), our product is sticky (120%+ Net Revenue Retention) and we recently raised $6M in seed funding. But we’re just getting started and we need your help.
We’re building a new category of software to bridge the gap between performance marketers and creative teams. Our creative analytics platform offers fast, visual reporting for Meta, TikTok, and YouTube ads to help teams understand what’s working and why.
Our customers are top ecom and DTC brands like Vuori, True Classic, The Farmer’s Dog, HexClad and hundreds more. They’ve used Motion to analyze over $3B in media spend.
About the Role
We are looking for a Product Manager who has excellent data and project management chops, and the ability to drive focused problems to solution while supporting our Head of Product on the big vision.
The ideal candidate has the right balance of qualities to help solve three functions for our team:
- Enriching our product development cycle by owning our sprint cycles, working with our engineering team to track progress for new and existing products, writing technical documentation, and communicating progress to the team
- Digging deep into the data, living in Mixpanel, tracking success and failure on our projects, and providing opinion to ensure our work is as aligned with our North Star metrics as possible
- Contribute to the product roadmap; developing problems to iterate on our existing features and working with Product Designers to solve them, while supporting our Head of Product to drive larger initiatives to the finish line
We hire to push forward the quality of our decision making, so expect our next Product Manager to be skilled at prioritizing the best problems and building the strongest cases for their solutions.
As a Product Manager on our team, you’ll:
- Collaborate with our Design, Engineering, CS, Marketing, and Sales teams to solve problems that iterate on our existing features, make the right tradeoffs, and keep the team on track
- Become an expert in creative strategy – meeting our current customers and prospective ones, engaging with thought leaders in the space, and driving forward the conversation on what the best creative workflows look like
- Lead our product development cycle; contributing to planning and monitoring progress on our product roadmap, drafting technical specs, and communicating to our broader team
- Embody leadership; being a role model for high standards and high quality work, relentlessly challenging assumptions, and passing on these principles to the broader team
- A total of 3 years of experience working in startups, consulting firms, engineering, operations, or similar fast-paced and analytical environments, demonstrating an ability to quickly understand new contexts, work lean, and identify the most potent opportunities
- Great interpersonal skills; this role will require a lot of collaboration and we want you to contribute to a positive team dynamic
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills, with an ability to balance these with a degree of creativity
- You are an Excel wizard 🧙
- Our engineering team works with complicated APIs, so value anyone with experience working with and speaking the language of engineers. We’d love it if you understand programming languages like SQL.
- Past experience in visual design, whether as a hobbyist or more. You won’t be making product designs, but expect you to contribute valuable feedback on them.
What you'll love about Motion:
- We've found product market fit but we're still so early that you will have a major impact.
- Our organization is product-obsessed. You’ll work closely with our Head of Product and Senior Product Designer, with a lot of freedom to explore new problems provided you can build a case for it. Our dev team is established enough that we can ship serious features regularly.
- Our team is very ambitious, super capable and low on egos.
- We’re a tech company so we have all the standard startup benefits: Great vacation policies, health care, modern tech, home office budget etc. Space to bring your own ideas to life, on the product and the tech
- Fully remote team with occasional international get togethers
- You’ll be early on the team and get the opportunity to impact the way we do that. We want Motion’s impact in the creative-tech industry to be up there with the Webflows, Canvas and Figmas of the world. We have a deep understanding of the problem space through many years of tinkering in the industry. We know exactly what it’s going to take for Motion to win. We’d love for you to join us on the ride!