Head of Growth Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Motion is growing fast (3x YoY), our product is sticky (120%+ Net Revenue Retention) and we recently raised $6M in seed funding. But we’re just getting started and we need your help.
We’re building a new category of software to bridge the gap between performance marketers and creative teams. Our creative analytics platform offers fast, visual reporting for Meta, TikTok, and YouTube ads to help teams understand what’s working and why.
Our customers are top ecom and DTC brands like Vuori, True Classic, The Farmer’s Dog, HexClad and hundreds more. They’ve used Motion to analyze over $3B in media spend.
There is a strong community forming around Motion and we have a ton of exciting product features in the roadmap. Your job as Motion’s Head of Growth Marketing will be to help find the next big levers of growth.
About the role:
We’ve already built early success with our inbound content, incredible virtual events, and rock-solid product-market fit.
We’re going to keep blowing up our content, swing bigger with events, and expand our content distribution in 2024.
For this role, we’re looking for someone who can add more fuel to the fire. This won’t be your standard demand generation role. You won’t be trying to achieve a 5% improvement in lead-to-opp conversion rates, building endless attribution dashboards, or pumping more money into retargeting ads to hit lead numbers.
Instead, you’ll need a hands-on approach to find the biggest levers we can pull to get Motion in front of decision-makers at ecom and DTC brands so that we can increase trials and demos and keep our sales team happy with a healthy pipeline.
This could include ramping up our influencer program, finding more sponsorship opportunities or testing the waters with a new channel—whatever it takes to reach the right buyers and bring them to our sales team.
Specifically, we’ll ask that you:
Take ownership: build a plan to hit pipeline targets, report core metrics to leadership, and launch bold new tactics. You’ll need to execute and be in the trenches.
Think bigger: go beyond improvements to existing channels and uncover new growth opportunities tackling them with whatever tools you have at your disposal.
Manage projects: own the marketing calendar including hands-on project management for our virtual events, sponsorships, and in-person activations.
Get more opps in the door: blow up our distribution by helping us expand our paid promotion strategy which includes newsletter, physical event sponsorships, paid ads, and new channels.
Guide with data: You are comfortable with spreadsheets, can run pipeline projections and closed-won deal analyses, and can build Hubspot dashboards.
You’ll have a lot of support as you figure things out.
We are all low-ego people and collaborative. You’ll report directly to our CEO and work closely with our incredible content team to help you achieve the plan.
Who you are:
- You default to action and solving problems
- You’re skilled at data analysis and love getting into the numbers
- You thrive in a highly autonomous, high-output work environment
- You’re comfortable with a high level of visibility, owning a number, and working directly with senior leadership
- Previous experience at a B2B SaaS startup
- 5-7 years experience in B2B growth marketing / demand generation
- Mastery in Hubspot, Excel, and Google Analytics
- Experience in paid marketing such as Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, PPC, YouTube, etc.
What you’ll love about Motion:
- Fully remote team with incredible offsites and retreats to build comradery. Our last retreat was a week-long stay at Lake Muskoka.
- We’ve found product market fit but we’re still so early that you will have a major impact.
- We’re a tech company so we have all the standard startup benefits: Great vacation policies, health care, modern tech, home office budget etc.
- Our team is very ambitious, super capable and low on egos
- Our customers are some of the leading brands and agencies in D2C e-commerce
- We want Motion’s impact in the “creative-tech” industry to be up there with the Webflows, Canvas and Figmas of the world.
- We have a deep understanding of the problem space through many years of tinkering in the industry.
- We know exactly what it’s going to take for Motion to win.
- We’d love for you to join us on the ride!