Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
Motion is growing fast (3x YoY), our product is sticky (120%+ Net Revenue Retention) and we recently raised $6M in seed funding. But we’re just getting started and we need your help.
We’re building a new category of software to bridge the gap between performance marketers and creative teams.
Our creative analytics platform offers fast, visual reporting for Meta, TikTok, and YouTube ads to help teams understand what’s working and why.
Our customers are top ecom and DTC brands like Vuori, True Classic, The Farmer’s Dog, HexClad and hundreds more. They’ve used Motion to analyze over $3B in media spend.
A strong community is forming around Motion, and we have many exciting product features in the roadmap.
About the role
Do you live and breathe performance marketing, but are looking for a career change to make a bigger impact? This one's for you.
- You will be directly responsible for driving net new revenue
- Manage the full sales cycle, from initial contact through successful close
- Approach clients like future partners to be collaborated with, not leads to be closed. Yes, we want to sell more, however we’ve found that a collaborative sales process ensures long term success and we’ll support you going over and above to ensure your client needs are met
- Advise prospects on how to implement an effective Performance Creative process using Motion
Our customers are already feeling the pain, and this problem is a top priority for them. Using a consultative selling approach, you will help teams see how the Motion platform is the answer to the workflow challenges they are experiencing. Your work will have a direct impact on our growth.
*If this role sounds like a good fit but you don’t have the required media buying experience, please take a look at our Customer Onboarding Specialist role. This is our pipeline to get sales folks up to speed on media buying and all things Motion before moving into an AE role (2 successful graduations to date).
Who you are:
- A professional with a minimum or 2-3 years of B2B sales or equivalent experience
- Right now we have a very strong preference for individuals with media buying experience or selling a marketing analytics tool as it greatly assists in this collaborative sales approach
- The ability to carry on collaborative conversations with C level executives at some of the largest agencies and brands in e-commerce
- Experience building decks and talk tracks to ensure you're ending up infront of the decision maker
Learn about our culture and expectations to see if you’re a fit.
What you'll love about Motion:
- We've found product market fit but we're still so early that you will have a major impact
- We’re a tech company so we have all the standard startup benefits: Great vacation policies, health care, modern tech, home office budget etc.
- Our team is very ambitious, super capable and low on egos
- Our customers are some of the leadings brands and agencies in D2C e-commerce