Sales Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2023
While the past 1.5 years weren’t kind to the broader tech industry, Motion thrived and 2023 is looking to be a defining year here. We entered this year with fresh funding, exceptional signals from our clients and a small (~20 people) but extremely capable team. On top of this, our founding team has built successful companies before.
This role offers an incredible opportunity to get in on the ground floor to help us build a category defining company in the “creative-tech” space.
A bit about Motion:
Content is the lifeblood of any marketing team but most organizations still don’t have a data-driven approach to their creative process. While growth marketers often obsess over performance metrics, creative teams can lean too heavily on brand and aesthetics.
This is where Motion comes in. We empower many of the world's best agencies and ecommerce brands to make the right creative decisions and drive a unifying conversation between data and design. The message is resonating and we’re growing… fast.
About this role:
Motion is looking for a capable SDR to drive new business at Motion. You'll be tasked with sourcing external and engaging internally sourced leads and turning them into interested buyers. The good news is that our marketing team has done a great job of generating interest and leads already. You'll look to capitalize on this success and look for new sources of leads as well. The right candidate should be passionate about the impact a great top of pipeline sales team can have and you should be motivated to help drive a repeatable, revenue generating system vs. just seeing it as a stepping stone to an AE role.
Who you are:
- You’ve thrived in a sales role previous. This should be able to be backed up with references
- You’re excited to drive sales, motivated by targets and find hitting and exceeding goals fulfilling
- You're a consultative and thoughtful salesperson who thrives on listening and building trust vs. just repeating sales scripts
- A qualified candidate will be able to speak to leveraging content, LinkedIn, competitive intelligence and community building to improve funnel conversion
- Experience at a startup or SaaS sales role is highly valued and bonus points awarded to anyone with experience in selling ad-tech solutions
What you'll love about Motion:
- We've found product market fit but we're still so early that you will have a major impact
- We’re a tech company so we have all the standard startup benefits: Great vacation policies, health care, modern tech, home office budget etc.
- Our team is very ambitious, super capable and low on egos
- Our customers are some of the leadings brands and agencies in D2C e-commerce
We want Motion’s impact in the “creative-tech” industry to be up there with the Webflows, Canvas and Figmas of the world. We have a deep understanding of the problem space through many years of tinkering in the industry. We know exactly what it’s going to take for Motion to win. We’d love for you to join us on the ride!