Engineering Director - Internal Tooling
Monta's powerful EV platform connects the dots in the entire EV charging industry.
Our mission is to pioneer an electric, sustainable era built on proactive technology by helping people and businesses go (and stay!) electric.
Our expertise allows us to truly tackle the complexities of the EV ecosystem in a truly technological way, offering a highly reliable and comprehensive product suite. At the end of the day, all we want is to give and provides all our users the best and most successful EV charging experiences. Whether they’re drivers, businesses, solution providers, utility companies—you name it.
Monta is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark and has offices in London, Berlin, Paris and Barcelona. Our platform isn’t only powered by cutting-edge software, but the passion and expertise of our 200+ team members (and counting). Some of our partners include Siemens, Norlys, Copenhagen Airport, Vestas, and more!
Join us in powering progress, one charge at a time!
We are looking for a talented Engineering Director for our new Internal Tooling team in our new Barcelona office! The internal tooling team is a new team and they are responsible for building internal tooling and integration between core systems and services used by employees of Monta. It's an exciting place to be as the challenges evolve daily across many systems and technologies. There is always room for improvement and increased efficiency! If this sounds like something you'd be a great fit for, apply, apply, apply!
Our tech stack
To keep it short and sweet, we work with a fairly modern stack that includes:
- Kotlin / Micronaut, Ktor (Java 17 and following the update schedule as closely as possible)
- PHP / Laravel
- MySQL/Redis (Database)
- Prometheus (monitoring system)
- Grafana (Dashboard/Metrics)
- Loki (Logging)
- ... and much more!
While we don't expect you to be an expert in all aspects of this stack, we do expect you to be comfortable learning new technologies.
Your strengths, among others, will be:
- Hiring and managing a team of 4+ engineers
- Prioritizing tasks and maintaining a transparent roadmap that impacts all departments
- Scoping out requirements and planning the necessary features to turn ideas into real-world implementations
- Evaluating existing processes and procedures to identify areas that require optimization
- Maintaining relationships and fostering a positive team culture, including mentoring and providing constructive feedback
- Providing engineering expertise to assist executives in making informed decisions about company goals
- Communicating clearly and comfortably with various stakeholders within the company
- Being a natural and efficient problem-solver in new technologies and topics
- Demonstrating analytical and strategic thinking
- Possessing a strong background in software engineering
- Contributing to solutions alongside your team
We care deeply about the health, happiness, and well-being of all our employees. Here is what we offer:
- Our engineering team has a monthly meetup where they discuss their practices and get to learn a lot from each other.
- Friday Tech Innovation: Engineers can use their time every Friday after lunch to work on innovative things.
- A chance to play a vital role in shaping the future of Monta by connecting talent with an opportunity to do their best work yet
- Fast-paced and dynamic work environment, offering excellent opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Collaborative and supportive team culture, where your ideas and contributions are valued
- Flexible Work From Home policy
- Shared company car + electric bikes in our bigger offices
- Stay fit with a subsidized gym membership
- Free snacks & beverages at the offices
- Subsidized plant-based lunch
- 3 annual company-wide events (including 3 day Summit) plus team events - both in-person and virtually
- Educational budget + time off for personal/professional development
- Warrant program - share Monta’s success!
- Pension + Health insurance
- Paid Maternity/Paternity/Parental leave
Life at Monta
We are a tightly-knit, diverse, yet cohesive team with an ambitious mission and a strong set of core values, which define our approach to business:
Fuel trust, through transparency: We value openness, clarity, and transparency. We share our successes, failures, and lessons learned to build trust among our colleagues and partners.
Make it happen with passion and purpose: We understand that in order to succeed in a constantly evolving industry, we must remain light on our feet and constantly adaptable. Our commitment is to executing our promises with purpose, efficiency and effectiveness.
Explore the uncharted. Impact the future: We challenge the status quo by looking into new ways to tackle traditional problems, and we pave our own way to the solutions.
At Monta, we encourage you to come as you are. To ensure an inclusive product that serves a diverse user group, we need to be a diverse force behind it. We are a company dedicated to revolutionizing the EV industry, thus aspiring to change the world for the better. Monta is committed to our sustainability efforts with several green initiatives such as offering our employees a plant-based-only lunch and offsetting CO2 consumption for all employees. We prioritize the well-being of our team members and have a strong focus on mental health. Through our health insurance coverage, we provide various offers and resources to support mental well-being. Additionally, we have an internal well-being committee and a people team with a people-first mindset, ensuring that our employees have the necessary support and resources for their overall well-being.
Why EV less when you can #EVbetter
The annual salary range for this role is 60.000-100.000EUR depending on level of experience.