Manual QA Engineer
LucidLink is a fast-growing company offering a cloud-based solution that empowers the way remote teams connect everywhere around the world.
Our mission is to enable creatives to collaborate in real-time from everywhere.
We recognise the inevitable future of remote teamwork, and our Filespace technology enables teams to seamlessly connect together, instantly access media files, and use the creative apps they love from anywhere.
Our work is driven by data and customer insights to ensure our product addresses the unique needs of remote teams working in the creative industry, media and entertainment, and beyond.
LucidLink was founded in 2016 and supports over one billion customer files across more than 40+ countries. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, has an engineering office in Sofia, Bulgaria, and remote employees across North America, Europe, and Australia.
Reasons to join LucidLink
- We embrace a flexible mix of in-person and remote collaboration, so you can work from any location.
- We invest in our team and offer a generous benefits package that includes unlimited PTO, a stock options package, full-coverage health care that includes dental care and medical supplies, and more.
- You’ll be a part of a dream team of 100+ dedicated individuals.
- You can contribute to a new product that’s making a global impact on the way teams work together.
At LucidLink, you’ll be a part of a world-class team of engineers, creatives, thinkers, and storytellers, empowering remote teams to connect in new ways to produce high-quality video, audio, media, and design projects. . You’ll have the opportunity to learn and advance while working with various applications and technologies on the three major operating systems and regularly confronting complex situations requiring critical thinking and attention to detail.
Quality and reliability of a filesystem constitute a vastly different problem than assuring the same virtues of web or regular applications. You will be constantly challenged to think about low-level I/O, networking, operating systems, user application’s behavior, and interoperability.
Your mission will be to ensure quality, performance, and usability through consistently creating and executing suites of exhaustive test cases taking into account all possible intricacies and system interactions of the application. You will be proactively looking for feedback and real-world use of the product through sales, support, and customer success engineers.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting, and critical thinking skills;
- Strong mathematical, logical, and imaginative skills;
- Solid prioritization, organization, and time management skills;
- Ability to learn quickly and get used to a complex business and technology environment;
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written;
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals will be considered a strong plus;
- Familiarity with OS basics, file systems, and cloud services will be considered a strong plus;
- University degree in a relevant or related field will be considered a plus;
- Experience in testing applications and writing test cases will be considered a plus;
- Some automation testing experience will be considered a plus;
- Windows/Linux scripting experience will be considered a plus;
- Experience with bug tracking systems will be considered a plus.
- Create new test cases, scenarios, and plans;
- Execute new and regression test cases;
- Identify product defects, track them, and verify their fixes;
- Work with development teams and product management to extract requirements for creating test cases and acceptance criteria;
- Explore the product and identify weaknesses and areas for improvement;
- Reproduce and learn complex usage scenarios and analyze their problems;
- Troubleshoot product- and interoperability-related issues across various platforms.
The ideal team member possesses the following personal traits:
- Shares our core values;
- Is a team player;
- Is smart with an analytical mindset and attention to detail;
- Is result-oriented and self-motivated;
- Has a positive, can-do attitude;
- Is thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Has a strong desire to constantly learn while helping others do the same.
- An opportunity to write your success story working on a product with worldwide impact.
- Positive and supportive culture, being surrounded by an international team of top-notch professionals that strive for excellence.
- Competitive salary benchmarked against like-companies by role and location using industry-recognized data sets.
- Company-wide career pathing to help you grow and excel, providing fairness and transparency.
- Stock options package.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Fresh fruits and other snacks in the office at all times and company-sponsored team events every month.
- A full-coverage health care package that includes dental care and medical supplies.
- Benefit platform with a variety of options (sport, food, transportation, donation, etc.).
- Boutique office located in downtown Sofia, in a brand-new facility near Ivan Vazov National Theatre.