Senior Backend Engineer for Research
Lightricks is a pioneer in innovative technology that bridges the gap between imagination and creation. With a mission to build an innovative photo and video creation platform, we aim to enable creators and brands to produce engaging, top-performing content. Our state-of-the-art technology is focused on photo and video processing and is based on both groundbreaking facial recognition and generative AI features.
Our photo and video editing tools, including Facetune, Videoleap, and Photoleap, offer endless possibilities and inspiration, while the company’s brand platform, Popular Pays, offers brands the opportunity to scale their content by partnering with creators. We focus on putting creators in the center and empowering them from the moment inspiration strikes.
The brilliant minds in R&D take our products to the next level using groundbreaking Machine Learning, Computer Graphics and AI features. Our state-of-the-art photo and video tools are based on computer vision, machine learning, rendering, deep learning and computational photography. To read more about our team’s work, read our tech blog.
Our research backend platform team is responsible for building Lightricks’ ML serving platform, and creating streamlined processes to bring functional research code to production grade systems, where millions of our apps users can enjoy this magic.
Our ideal candidate is someone with a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills, a sense of ownership and drive. Someone who is as passionate as we are about the craft of software engineering and system architecture, and understands the challenges of building complex backend systems. Someone who believes in writing resilient code and reliable infrastructure, but can still appreciate the realities of business and can deliver on a tight schedule in a fast-paced environment. An individual who loves learning, understands the value of teamwork and cherishes the feedback of other talented engineers.
- Take a key role in designing and building our ML platform, working closely with our devops engineers and researchers.
- Design and develop reliable and scalable production core services that are used by millions of users of our apps every day.
- Improve our platform’s reliability through mechanisms like testing, automations and monitoring.
- Learn and apply industry best practices and share this knowledge with other teams through guidance, lectures and workshops.
- Develop modules and tools to ease the development and deployment processes for our platform users.
- Write clean, maintainable and testable code, and inspire others to do the same.
- Conduct code reviews.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- 4+ years of experience developing production backend systems in Python (preferred) or some other object-oriented language (Golang, Java, C++, C#, etc.).
- Hands on experience in building, deploying and maintaining scalable backend systems in a cloud environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Highly independent, accountable and a team player, with an ability to own tasks from planning to release.
- Good understanding of critical production systems concepts - high availability, reliability and scalability.
- Experience in system and API design.
- B.Sc. in computer science or similar quantitative field.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience working with ML and large compute systems is a plus.
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Github Actions and Argo CD, and/or monitoring tools like Prometheus and Grafana is a plus.
Lightricks is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the standard of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to creating and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination and harassment.
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, service in the uniformed services, veteran, marital status, partnership status, family or parental status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where Lightricks operates.