Let’s Do This
Let's Do This is a highly ambitious team motivated by a shared passion for helping people discover life-changing challenges. We're revolutionising the sports and leisure industry, and we have the firepower and ambition to reach global market dominance. Join our unashamedly talented team including an Olympic gold medallist and alumni from Google, Facebook and Deliveroo.
We were founded in 2017 and have since raised $30m in investment, closing our Series A in November 2019 with participation from EQT, NFX, Serena Williams and Usain Bolt.
Running, triathlon and cycling have been grown rapidly since the turn of the millennium, and their growth has only accelerated during the Covid pandemic. But it's still incredibly difficult to find great events. With the largest database of events in the world, and an engaged community of endurance sports enthusiasts, we're making it easy to find great races, whilst helping event organisers to reach new participants.
There are over 4000 annually recurring mass participation sports events in the UK, but of those a vanishingly small number have successfully sold sponsorship for the rights they own. And yet these events represent a fantastic opportunity for a would-be sponsor to interact with an affluent demographic (participants and spectators) running into, during, and straight after their moment of maximum engagement. Sponsorships have the potential to bring huge value to event organisers, as well as the sponsors.
As part of Let's Do This's ongoing mission to provide more benefit to our event organiser partners, we are looking for a Sponsorships Lead to establish and deliver a process of procuring and delivering high-value sponsorships across the events owned and run by our partnered organisers.
Your role will involve establishing and developing a pipeline of sponsorship opportunities, building relationships with both event organisers and potential sponsors, whilst also heading the development of an extremely exciting new workstream within the company that has the potential to be the making of our upcoming Series B funding round.
You will be working with the support and guidance of the Go To Market team in order to succeed in the role, which offers the chance to experience the inner workings of a venture-backed tech startup. Let's Do This also encourages onward career progression, with opportunities in a diverse range of fields for team members who show real potential.
Very strong preference will be given to applicants who can work from our London office for at least 3 days a week.
- Prospecting, development, and onboarding of potential sponsors
- Finding and implementing novel approaches to source relationships with sponsorship prospects
- Documenting comprehensively within our CRM
- Maintain and build ongoing relationships with both event organisers and sponsors
- Advise and input into the strategic direction of the Sponsorships workstream
- 2+ years of prior experience with Sales, Business Development, Sponsorships
- Proficient at understanding and interpreting data related to audience demographics and financials
- Any experience in events would be a bonus but is not necessary
Successful applicants will be reliable, hard-working, team-orientated and will take the initiative to find new methods of outreach to innovate within the role.
- Keen, motivated, and hungry to learn
- Willing to speak in person, on the phone, and via video-call with fresh faces in an engaging, positive manner
- Able to take the initiative to source opportunities and find novel means of developing relationships
- A proactive solver of problems; willing to dive into new problems rather than waiting for others to solve them for you
Diversity and inclusivity
We want to create an inclusive environment that celebrates the diversity of our people and enables them to do the best work of their careers. We are committed to ensuring that all our people processes are equitable. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.