Engineering Lead (DevOps)
Leapwork is a global leader in providing sophisticated software solutions used by thousands of enterprise users across diverse industries. Our hybrid application seamlessly integrates Windows, Mac, and Web components, while offering low-level integration with other applications and operating systems. We take pride in our agile methodologies, fast-paced environment, and collaborative team-oriented approach. Join us on our journey of global growth and become part of a dynamic international team where you can excel, challenge yourself, and contribute to ground-breaking innovation. At Leapwork, we work hard and have fun while doing it, fostering a culture of collaboration, celebration, and continuous learning.
Job Description: As an Engineering Lead (Devops), you will work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment using Agile methodologies. You are great at keeping an eye on the product vision and key challenges, and you are able to rapidly construct working prototypes to experiment with, as well as very high-quality production code.
- Strong leadership skills and proven experience of defining and driving technical improvements across distributed teams.
- Strong technical background including hands-on experience with software development standards and best practices such as SOLID principles, design patterns, test-driven development, agile methodologies, CI/CD, etc.
- At least 7 years of experience as a professional software developer in commercial projects and production systems with a strong track record.
- Strong development experience with Microsoft .NET technologies (including the latest versions .NET 6, .NET 7.), strong understanding of the .NET stack and ability to support and mentor a team of .NET developers.
- Experience in building and managing highly available and scalable distributed systems.
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure, like Azure, AWS, or GCP and knowledge of best practices for monitoring and logging in cloud-native applications will be a plus.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes will be a plus.
- Core DevOps Skills: Proficiency in creating and managing Kubernetes environments, including container orchestration, service mesh implementation, and ensuring high availability and scalability. Familiarity with infrastructure as code (IaC) tools and principles.
- Expertise in Docker and Kubernetes: Demonstrated experience in containerization and orchestration with Docker and Kubernetes, including deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications and its network.
- Collaborate with the product leadership, architecture team, release manager and other stakeholders to understand high-level requirements and develop software architecture and design.
- Define and ensure coding standards, branching strategy, and testing approach to be followed across all the development teams.
- Define quality, health, and performance metrics to visualize the state of the product.
- Monitor code quality, test coverage, and maintain a low level of technical debt.
- Promote and drive innovation in technologies, processes, and tools.
- Mentor and coach team members. Be responsible for their career path in consultation with tech leadership.
- Look after the community of developers within the organization including organizing technical meetings, events, hackathons and fostering a culture of knowledge-sharing and collaboration.
- Know the code and processes by participating in product development and doing code reviews.
- Lead the implementation of DevOps practices, including CI/CD, automation, Kubernetes environment management, and cloud-native solutions.
- Champion a DevOps culture in the team, ensuring alignment with agile methodologies and continuous improvement.
- Ensure robustness, security, and performance of the applications through DevOps best practices.
- Monitor and optimize infrastructure for scalability and efficiency.
- Guide teams in automation of processes and infrastructure provisioning.
- Oversee security and compliance aspects within the DevOps framework.
We are on an exciting journey of global growth—and this is your chance to get onboard. By joining our team, you’ll become part of a fast-paced international environment where you can grow, challenge yourself, and do what inspires you. Our motto is to work hard, but have fun while doing it, and we believe collaboration, social activities and celebration are key to success!
On top of having the greatest colleagues, we’ll provide you with top-class tools and lunch in our spacious office, located in the heart of Gurugram, to help keep your performance high.
Our Leapwork principles:
Our five key principles capture the essence of what it means to be a part of our world-class team! They are integral to how we approach our work and one another, and they serve as a roadmap to our continued growth, development, achievements, and success.
- Customer first; We listen to our customers, understand their pain points and focus on what matters to them.
- Lead from the front; Leading means guiding others towards the solutions to our challenges.
- Get it done; We make commitments, follow through and deliver work we’re proud of.
- Build excellence; We do our best work every day, holding ourselves and others to the highest standards.
- Respectfully different; We treat each other with respect, always. We’re different, not indifferent.