About JW Player:
JWP is the game-changing video software and data insights platform that's revolutionizing the Digital Video Economy. Our cutting-edge technology gives our customers unparalleled independence and control over their digital video content. We began over a decade ago as an open-source video player, but today, JWP is the driving force behind digital video for hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide. And with over 1 billion viewers tuning in every month across 2.7 billion unique devices, there's no limit to what we can achieve. We're looking for passionate and innovative candidates ready to join us on this journey of transforming the world of digital video.
The Project Management Practice is crucial in ensuring our engagements are delivered as expected, by bringing together cross functional teams across JWP, Customer, and Partner organisations. The Senior Project Manager is an experienced member of the team with a technical mindset, leveraging their knowledge and skill to successfully deliver complex client engagements, as well as drive internal initiatives to continuously improve how we operate.
The Professional Services team are here to help Customers monetise their digital video assets, and at the same time help grow the JWP platform revenue: we do this by leveraging our experience and team skill set through well defined repeatable packages, through to complex consultancy. We have the pleasure of working closely with our customers and achieving successful outcomes all round!
As a Senior Project Manager, you will:
- Project Leadership - Lead and manage end-to-end Professional Services projects (both customer facing and internal initiatives) to successful completion. Provide guidance and direction to project teams. Articulates information clearly, concisely, and with a focus on action.
- Stakeholder Management - Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external. Communicate effectively with clients, understanding their requirements, and ensuring their expectations are met or exceeded.
- Team Collaboration - Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure a cohesive and coordinated effort throughout project execution. Foster a positive and high-performance team culture, promoting innovation and continuous improvement.
- Risk & Escalation Management - Identify and proactively manage project risks, developing mitigation strategies to ensure successful project outcomes. Anticipate challenges and implement effective solutions to keep projects on track. Manage escalations effectively, objectively, and with the correct stakeholders.
- Organisational Skills - Highly efficient in managing information, tasks, and resources. Minimises personal and team activity (e.g. data capture, processes, administration etc) to maximise project productivity.
- Quality Assurance - Uphold and enforce high-quality standards in project deliverables, ensuring that solutions meet or exceed customer expectations. Identify and implement best practices and methodologies to optimise project processes.
Requirements for the role:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g. Business Administration, Project Management), or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in a Project Management related role.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, such as PRINCE2, PMP, Agile, Waterfall etc
- Familiarity with project management tools and software (e.g. Microsoft Project, JIRA, Trello, Monday.com).
- Influencing and diplomacy skills - able to direct the project team towards a common goal, identifying and securing additional support where required.
- Self-motivated and decisive - able to respond constructively to change and competing demands.
- Identify and champion best practice - leverage their expertise to improve how the Professional Services team operates, and lead by example.
- Situational awareness - understands their project(s) in the wider context of internal, Customer organisations (including 3rd parties/partners where appropriate).
- Responsive to change - comfortable in fluid situations, but assertive in identifying where change exceeds project parameters.
- Attention to detail - ability to maintain accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Relevant certifications to support knowledge (e.g. Agile, Six Sigma)
- Understanding of the media and broadcasting industry
- Understanding of streaming and OVP
- Experience in process improvement approaches
- Previous roles in steaming/broadcasting
Perks of being at JW Player, United Kingdom
Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success!
As a full time employee, you will qualify for:
- Private Health Coverage for you and your family
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Stock Options Purchase Program
- Quarterly and Annual Team Events - because team building is important!
- Professional Career Program and Career Development Opportunities
- Bi-Annual Hack Weeks for those who are interested in using their coding knowledge
- Fireside chats with individuals at JW Player
*Benefits are subject to location and can change at the discretion of the Company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, and/or disability status.