Software Engineer - Backend, Broadcast Live
About JW Player:
JWP is the game-changing video software and data insights platform that's revolutionizing the Digital Video Economy. With our cutting-edge technology, we give our customers unparalleled independence and control over their digital video content. We began over a decade ago as an open-source video player, but today, JWP is the driving force behind digital video for hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide. And with over 1 billion viewers tuning in every month across 2.7 billion unique devices, there's no limit to what we can achieve. We're on the lookout for passionate and innovative candidates who are ready to join us on this journey of transforming the world of digital video.
The Broadcast Live Engineering Team:
Our Engineering team plays a big part in the company's success through the development of innovative technologies. Engineers at JW Player are passionate about writing code and solving complex problems. The Broadcast Live Team is building robust, scalable services for Broadcasters who want to deliver high quality and reliable streaming solutions at the click of a button. You will be part of our development team, designing, building, and deploying our software built using .NET.
As a Backend Engineer, you will be a valued contributor and collaborator - responsible for defining new features and ensuring they are delivered on time and of high technical excellence. You will be a valued voice in the team, and will be working closely with other senior engineers across the Media department. You will have opportunity to work with a clean, well designed, and modern system, that is currently launching to a global market. You will be deeply involved with the growth and evolution of our services, working on an interesting variety of technologies from video packagers to encoders and messaging systems.
As a Backend Engineer, you will:
- Help define key features (epics) and refine the requirements with a team of experts.
- Design, build and test the services underpinning our Broadcast products.
- Write concise and robust unit tests for your code to ensure the correct behaviour of the system now and in the future.
- Build monitoring dashboards to track and observe application performance and load.
- Create tools, libraries and utilities that streamline team efficiency and help your team.
Requirements for the role:
- Proven experience with C#/.NET.
- Deep understanding of web API design and building JSON web services.
- Committed to producing clean, easily maintainable components and services.
- Previous exposure to asynchronous messaging, pub/sub, or message queues.
- Excellent team communicator, and comfortable conversing with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Dedicated to producing high quality software as a team, using robust unit tests and regular release cycles.
- Experience with Live video streaming technologies (HLS, DASH, Smooth Streaming, etc.).
- Experience with Amazon Cloud Services.
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Pulumi, etc.).
Perks of being at JW Player, United Kingdom
Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success!
As a full time employee, you will qualify for:
- Private Health Coverage for you and your family
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Stock Options Purchase Program
- Quarterly and Annual Team Events - because team building is important!
- Professional Career Program and Career Development Opportunities
- Bi-Annual Hack Weeks for those who are interested in using their coding knowledge
- Fireside chats with individuals at JW Player
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.