Operations Engineer - Cloud
Work Arrangement: Fully Remote
Please note that JWP does not offer relocation. Fully remote candidates must be located in the country of posting to be considered.
About JW Player:
JWP is the game-changing video software and data insights platform that's revolutionizing the Digital Video Economy. With our cutting-edge technology, we give our customers unparalleled independence and control over their digital video content. We began over a decade ago as an open-source video player, but today, JWP is the driving force behind digital video for hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide. And with over 1 billion viewers tuning in every month across 2.7 billion unique devices, there's no limit to what we can achieve. We're on the lookout for passionate and innovative candidates who are ready to join us on this journey of transforming the world of digital video.
The Professional Services Team:
The Professional Services team is here to help customers monetize their digital video assets and, at the same time, contribute to the growth of the JWP platform revenue. We achieve this by leveraging our diverse experience and team skillset through well-defined repeatable packages, as well as complex consultancy services. We take great pride in working closely with our customers and achieving successful outcomes for all involved!
We are seeking an Operations Engineer to join our world-class Professional Services team, committed to delivering maintenance and support for tailored solutions to our clients. As a vital member of the Professional Services Operations team, you will be responsible for the upkeep and support of livestreaming solutions for our customers. This includes managing application infrastructure in AWS, troubleshooting complex issues, as well as performing maintenance tasks and upgrades. This role will work closely with our Infrastructure Engineers, Support Engineers, and Core Engineering teams (both application developers and DevOps), and is an ideal position for someone who is looking to be exposed to new technologies and new challenges. Please note that this role involves on-call responsibilities.
As an Operations Engineer, you will:
- Be responsible for support tickets escalated to the PS Operations function.
- Thoroughly analyze and troubleshoot technical issues reported by customers.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Product, Engineering, and Support, to expedite the escalation and resolution of complex or critical issues.
- Assist with new deployments
Requirements for the role:
- Background in a Support/Operations position involving escalation, issue, and incident management.
- Proficient in using cloud computing components, especially with Amazon Web Services.
- Some development experience in at least one programming language (e.g., Python, JS, Node, etc.).
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to convey information clearly, concisely, and with a focus on actionable insights.
- Enthusiasm for technology and a commitment to staying updated with the latest advancements in the field.
- Proficiency in video-related tools and workflows, including expertise in implementing Digital Rights Management (DRM) and managing Server Side Ad Insertion (SSAI).
- Familiarity with streaming technologies, including Unified Streaming, HLS, and DASH protocols.
- Substantial experience in the broadcast industry.
- Familiarity with best practices for public cloud environments, such as the Well Architected Framework.
- Sound knowledge of development best practices, frameworks, and object-oriented programming (OOP) principles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, and/or disability status.