About JW Player:
JWP is the game-changing video software and data insights platform that's revolutionizing the Digital Video Economy. With our cutting-edge technology, we give our customers unparalleled independence and control over their digital video content. We began over a decade ago as an open-source video player, but today, JWP is the driving force behind digital video for hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide. And with over 1 billion viewers tuning in every month across 2.7 billion unique devices, there's no limit to what we can achieve. We're on the lookout for passionate and innovative candidates who are ready to join us on this journey of transforming the world of digital video.
The Finance Team:
The Finance team at JW Player plays a big part in the company's continued success. The team works with various internal stakeholders, from Sales and Sales Operations to Legal and senior management. As JW Player continues to grow its global footprint, we look to the Finance team to provide us with operational and analytical insights to strategically grow.
The Accounting Manager will play a key role on the Finance Team, responsible for overseeing our general ledger and accounts payable while playing an integral role in creating, refining, and implementing accounting processes. This role is also responsible for preparing the consolidated Financial Statements which includes six foreign subsidiaries. This includes managing the company’s working capital as well as performing a detailed financial analysis. The ideal candidate is highly motivated and an exceptional communicator with a desire for autonomy and ownership within a fast-paced organization. This role offers a unique opportunity to bolster existing accounting knowledge while offering a chance to influence and gain experience in the dynamic and booming video streaming space
As a Accounting Manager, you will:
- Fully own the accounts payable function which includes ensuring invoices are entered in the GL, reviewing coding, processing weekly check runs, and creating & maintaining reconciliations.
- Review financial statements to ensure transactions are properly reflected and in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare expense accruals for month-end close.
- Prepare monthly sales tax & VAT reporting for tax consultants.
- Review and maintain all ledger accounts and book transactions to our general ledger.
- Perform expense analysis.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations and roll-forwards.
- Administration of our T&E expense reimbursement system.
- Assess our current AP and GL processes for improvements. Proactively execute any changes required.
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance and non-finance business partners.
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility, including the preparation of audited financial statements and disclosures.
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned.
Requirements for the role:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience working in an internal accounting function.
- 3+ years of experience owning the in-house Accounts Payable function at a Tech, Media or rapidly growing company.
- Proficiency with either NetSuite or Intacct, with proven experience implementing processes within either system.
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think outside the box.
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP, SEC regulations, and internal controls.
- Ability to work cross functionally, and work autonomously in a hyper-growth company.
- Expert level proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word).
- Sense of ownership and the ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail.
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Experience at a pre-IPO or Public Company.
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of Accountants.
- Experience with finance systems implementation.
- Experience with M & A.
- Active CPA license.
Perks of being at JW Player, U.S.
When you join JW Player, our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success!
As a full time employee, you are eligible for the following benefits:
- Private Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage for you and your family
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Stock Options Purchase Program
- Quarterly and Annual Team Events - because team building is important!
- Professional Career Development Program and Career Development Progression
- New Employee Home Office Setup Stipend
- Monthly Connectivity Stipend
- Free and discounted perks through JW Player's benefit partners
- Bi-Annual Hack Weeks for those who are interested in using their coding knowledge
- Fireside chats with individuals throughout JW Player
*Benefits are subject to location and can change at the discretion of the Company.
According to New York City local Council laws, local New York City applicants residing in and performing this role in New York City will receive an annual salary dependent on experience between $100,000 - $120,000. In addition, applicants qualify for the benefits listed above.
The salary band is not applicable to applicants outside of New York City. Applicants located outside of the New York City area will have an adjusted rate equitable and competitive to their residing and surrounding area.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.