Legal Counsel EMEA & APAC
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
With unmatched technology and category-defining innovation, Icertis pushes the boundaries of what’s possible with contract lifecycle management (CLM). The AI-powered, analyst-validated Icertis Contract Intelligence (ICI) platform turns contracts from static documents into strategic advantage by structuring and connecting the critical contract information that defines how an organization runs. Today, the world’s most iconic brands and disruptive innovators trust Icertis to fully realize the intent of their combined 10 million contracts worth more than $1 trillion, in 40+ languages and 93 countries.
Who we are: Icertis is the only contract intelligence platform companies trust to keep them out in front, now and in the future. Our unwavering commitment to contract intelligence is grounded in our FORTE values—Fairness, Openness, Respect, Teamwork and Execution—which guide all our interactions with employees, customers, partners and stakeholders. Because in our mission to be the contract intelligence platform of the world, we believe how we get there is as important as the destination
Are you a skilled in-house lawyer with a passion for technology?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced enviroment where you can feel a real impact?
We´re seeking a talented and experience Legal Counsel to join our team, focusing on contract negotiations in the EMEA and APAC regions.
We offer a hybrid working model for this role. Our office is located in central London, close to Bank station.
What you will do:
- Drive Commercial Success: Review, negotiate, and approve a variety of commercial agreements tailored to the dynamic tech landscape, with a particular emphasis on SaaS Agreements and GDPR data processing agreements.
- Strategic Leadership: Take ownership of the operational aspects of our legal function. Collaborate cross-functionally with teams such as sales, finance, and product development to optimize enterprise contract life-cycle management for our evolving needs.
- Navigate Complex Compliance: Lead or support project management for European compliance, data protection (GDPR), HR, and other key initiatives. Prioritize effectively in a transaction-intensive environment, balancing speed and risk with precision.
- Adaptability and Resilience: Thrive in handling unexpected challenges with confidence and grace, turning each experience into an opportunity for growth.
- Drive Results:Identify personal and organizational objectives and pursue them relentlessly. Your dedication will be key to our success in a diverse and rapidly expanding global market.
- International Collaboration: Embrace the opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment within a high-growth software company, enjoying the flexibility of remote work arrangements.
What you bring:
- Expertise in IT Legal Agreements: Proven experience in reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a range of IT legal agreements. Familiarity with SaaS Agreements and GDPR data processing agreements is highly desirable.
- In-House Experience: Previous experience in an in-house legal role within a software company is a significant advantage, demonstrating your understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities in the tech sector.
- Language Skills: Fluency in English is essential, while proficiency in German and/or French is a strong plus.
- Education in the legal systems of English, German or French jurisdictions is also advantageous.
- GDPR and Employment Law: Experience with GDPR compliance is highly valued, as is an interest or background in employment law.
- Exceptional People Skills: Build and nurture critical relationships with stakeholders, demonstrating outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, client-focused environment will be pivotal to your success in this role.
Join us in shaping the future of technology, where your expertise and passion will drive meaningful impact. Apply now to be part of our dynamic team!
What we offer:
We are committed to the health and well-being of all Icertians, their families, the communities they live in, and our customers. This commitment is represented in the Icertis “Four Rings of Responsibility”: Take Care of Self, Take Care of Family, Take Care of Community, and Take Care of Business, in that order.
Icertis, Inc. provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Icertis, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch with your recruiter.
Icertis is not open to third party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from third party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.