General Manager - Professional Services
Sales & Business Development, Operations
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Thursday, October 5, 2023
With unmatched technology and category-defining innovation, Icertis pushes the boundaries of what’s possible with contract lifecycle management (CLM). The AI-powered, analyst-validated Icertis Contract Intelligence (ICI) platform turns contracts from static documents into strategic advantage by structuring and connecting the critical contract information that defines how an organization runs. Today, the world’s most iconic brands and disruptive innovators trust Icertis to fully realize the intent of their combined 10 million contracts worth more than $1 trillion, in 40+ languages and 93 countries.
Who we are: Icertis is the only contract intelligence platform companies trust to keep them out in front, now and in the future. Our unwavering commitment to contract intelligence is grounded in our FORTE values—Fairness, Openness, Respect, Teamwork and Execution—which guide all our interactions with employees, customers, partners and stakeholders. Because in our mission to be the contract intelligence platform of the world, we believe how we get there is as important as the destination
Join a highly reputable and well-funded CLM SaaS start-up as we grow our Customer and Professional Services (CPS) division! We are looking for a General Manager, Professional Services to lead, build and foster our consulting capability within the implementation team across different domains and industries. This is an opportunity to work in a fast paced start-up, learn the Icertis platform and CLM domain and become an expert on how customers use Icertis. This role is based out of Pune, India and it'll report to Vice President, Professional Services.
- The General Manager, CPS will perform a lead role in managing the implementation of projects of Icertis Software and the Professional Services employees and/or Partners
- Implement, oversee and execute projects and the development of people, policies, procedures, methods, and tools in support of delivery to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Work proactively with VP of PS to develop, refine, and update the PS Policies and Procedures to support growth.
- Establish a communication cadence with cross-functional organizational teams.
- Manage delivery P&L and delivery led customer success/growth
- Oversee client implementation service delivery providing management and oversight of implementation projects and staffing including project assignments, capacity planning and customer satisfaction.
- Establish control on project schedules, budget and risk issues; facilitate timely decisions to maintain project schedule and budget; identifies project risks early and assist by providing prudent and timely recommendations for risk avoidance; sets and manages client & Partner expectations; creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Train and mentor PS Directors and their reports to communicate with clients and partners to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions by bringing in industry specific insights; continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Communicates across the organization to ensure knowledge of customer. implementations and status. Provides management with regular project updates; serves as a critical advisor to the team as an Implementation leader and helps to set the direction for the implementation and professional services team.
- Maintains reporting on capacity, amount of implementation work, and provide advanced visibility to resource constraints.
- Ensure consistent use of implementation methodology.
- Responsible for ensuring budgets, schedules and performance standards are attained.
- Oversee and execute process improvements and the development of policies, procedures, methods, and tools in support of delivery and to streamline work to provide a higher value to our customers.
- Active participation in Project Governance Meetings with customers. Responsible for serving as the primary customer escalation point for customer changes and/or issues during the implementation process.
- Responsible for overall quality of hiring for Professional Services roles.
- Inspire team with drive and motivation needed to aggressively meet commitments.
- Work with Product management, Engineering, Core, QA and cross functional teams to improve customer experience.
- Work closely with the Partner team to train and enable partners to implement Icertis Software.
The ideal candidate will immediately get involved in the following initiatives:
Skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of 20+ years of total experience with at least 12 years managing a high performing Professional Services team in a product or services company with services delivery as primary focus.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management or consulting experience in a SaaS company.
- Hands on program management experience of large, complex software implementation projects.
- Proven ability to learn new products, technologies and processes.
- Deep understanding of implementation methodologies; Waterfall, Agile, Hybrid
- Demonstrated ability to drive large, highly complex programs in a fast-paced, matrix management organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to effectively engage and influence internally & externally at all levels.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently analyze data to identify potential issues that aid in decision making by mitigating risks.
- Proven ability to coach and mentor.
- Manage confidentiality without exception.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent problem-solving and time management skills.
- Excellent client relationship management skills with a solution oriented mindset and ability to execute an implementation plan that works towards a rapid, successful go live.
Icertis is not open to third party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from third party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.